Tyres & Wheels Scratched my wheels!

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Kris81, Friday 24th Apr, 2015.

1. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

What a week!

I was parallel parking last week and scratched my N/S/R wheel, could of cried.
    Managed to touch it up didn't look to bad.

But then my dad moved my car today, (as I sleep at my dad's when I work nights)

He did this.
    IMG-20150423-WA0000.

He was most upset with himself and has told me to get it fixed, and he has forced money onto me today. Wouldn't take no for an answer.

So I think a full refurb is in order for all 4!
    As to be honest, I love the wheels but didn't think much of the finish, seems like the paint is really thin.

What colour to go for........

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Man, that's a bummer, I curbed my refurbed wheels after about 4 weeks on a tight corner driving tired as :Whistle: I was so gutted, but these things happen.

I'd personally go for a gun-metal of some sorts still, perhaps a custom with some metallic flakes :Smile: Lots of people like bright coloured wheels, but I'm a greys/silvers guy so you won't hear anything exciting out of me :Laughing:

3. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ha ha, yeh shit happens.
    I would normally say an anthracite grey, with silver fleks but I absolutely love this colour but think it might be abit much for the car as she stands now.
    Screenshot_2015-04-23-20-01-17.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I do love that colour too, kinda Candy Apple Red, but I don't think it would suit your car particularly well.

5. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

That's exactly it candy apple red,

I just want to let my inner crazy out!
    They would match the tail lights

Bones126 likes this.
  6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

ROFL, well if they match the tail-lights... :Laughing: I would secretly love a Candy Apple Red car.

7. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Now ya talking!
    - - - Updated - - -
    This is where I got the idea of red wheels
    IMG_20150424_011853.JPG

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Get that colour photoshopped onto your car, see how it looks then decide.

9. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Good ide.

10. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Gun Metal Grey in my humble opinion. That's the colour I'm going to go for when I get my Type-R wheels refurbed and sand blasted

11. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Red outer spoke and rim (front flat edge) with black inners :Niceone:

12. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Would this help

RogerH69 likes this.
  13. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Duc de Pommfrit likes this.
  14. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

I like those (not colour though) I might get me some
    - - - Updated - - -
    Definitely cheaper than getting the existing damage on my wheels fixed :Smile:

15. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I considered getting those (not in that colour :shock:) then saw the reviews on amazon.

16. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

You gotta wonder how many of the bad reviews are because people didn't clean their wheels properly before sticking the stuff on, or how many of the bad reviews about them not staying stuck is due to people driving into the curb. I'm usually very good at NOT hitting curbs, so I'll give them a go, and see how long they stay on. Only concern I really have is when I use the pressure washer.

17. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You're correct, some reviews state they followed the instructions and manual while others didn't. I'm intrigued as to whether these will actually protect the alloys, in my eyes they will either squish and let the alloys get curbed or they will get damaged and provide no protection in the future. On the aesthetic side I think they look brilliant so that in itself could be worth £30.

18. roelfarm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Cheltenham
    My Good Year tyres have rim protectors moulded in ...................but I don't want to check them out to see if they work.

19. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

I doubt they would offer a lot of protection and would almost definitely peel off if you scraped your wheels hard along a curb. I think they're meant to help against minor curbing scratches. The brightly coloured ones are starting to grow on me aesthetically :Smile:

20. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    But do people only give feed back when they get a bad product? I've only left a review on Amazon once and that was for the awful new War of the Worlds CD.....AWFUL!