General Screen Washers

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by naslam968, Tuesday 30th Sep, 2014.

1. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    I remember seeing Honda Jazz spray mist Windsheild washers which can be installed on Accord 7th Generation (2003-2005) in here but can't seem to find that anymore.

If someone help in getting me the Part Number for Honda Jazz spray washers so I can install on my accord.

Regards

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Which Jazz was this bud, love the avatar thou you get a a honorary HK gold medal. Go HRC Repsol Honda :Hooray:

3. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    Thanks and I think it was you who suggested that Honda Jazz 2003 onward have Mist spray which can be used in accord.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I don't recall saying that fella , but here you go.

B__5101.

Part 19 part number 76810-SAA-E01 retails for £13.00 each.

5. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    Thanks maybe I have made mistake thinking you, I am going to verify that if these will fit and Thanks again.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I haven't heard this before @naslam968 but I'm very interested to hear if it can be done, keep us posted.

7. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    Well I have ordered 2 from eBay for £23.00 and once arrived will try to do a guide how to change them.

On various website part number for Honda Accord and Honda Jazz is same, apart from few letters in second & third section of part number, although some say they are different part number but my past experience, makes me incline that they should be same.

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

If you'd rang our club dealer Holdcroft you'd have gotten a better deal with our discount/free shipping :Smile: Just something for next time.

Well let's see how it pans out, the parts themselves should be dead simple to change so you'll know quick enough :Laughing:

9. Stuart Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Stuart
    Hi,

The second/middle three-character section of a Honda part number is the code for the model the part was first fitted to.

The first/left, five-character, section of the part number is the part itself; as a general rule-of-thumb, all windscreen washers, say, will have a part number with the same first five characters.

The third/last/right three-character section denotes different things - upgraded part, different supplier, etc.; it can also have a colour code appended, if appropriate for the part.

If you're seeing "same, apart from few letters in second ... section of part number", it would be worth finding out what the three-character code is for your and earlier Accords, because that probably indicates the Accord and Jazz parts are different.

The above is based on forty-one years of deciphering part numbers for at least one Honda.

Hth.

Regards,

naslam968 and SpeedyGee like this.
  10. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    I used to work as Mechanic back in Pakistan for 16 Years with Motorcycle, specially the imported bikes (2,4 or 6 cylinder whom parts were rare to get hold in Pakistan so have to use own experience and know how) Lets see how it pans out.

Ichiban likes this.
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks Stuart more info on the same. In-Depth - Article: How to read and understand a genuine Honda Part Number • Honda Karma

12. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    Need to know to the procedure how to get the part from Holdcroft with discount being member here.

Any help will be much appreciated.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Another thing I notice is, in my signature, transmission is shown Manual but my car is Auto and I can't seem to find the option how to alter or is it not possible.

13. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Just call them up mate, tell you are a member of Honda Karma. Speak to Martin, he always answers my calls, but anyone in teh parts department should be able to help you.

I have changed your car from Manual to Automatic for you as well in your showcase. If you go to edit your showcase, and then click the sidebar field tab, the option is in there. It should update your signature shortly.

Nels likes this.
  14. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    Many Regards for your help

15. Nighthawk Guest

You're welcome bud, anytime

16. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Common mod on ek4's etc which have traditional style jets. Thought about this myself but wasn't sure if the accord had them already. Will be interested to see what you find

17. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Stuck some on my mb6 Civic but they weren't that good on motorways maybe as they weren't as close to the windscreen.

18. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    Here we go guys little detailed and pictures on changing screen washer on my car.

Part Number I used is 76810-SEA-J01. This is for 2006-2008 Model part number I have been advised but works and fit perfectly. Even though height is higher then the original part

Open the bonnet and you will this:

20141018_170611.

Obviously I have already remove the washers but hopefully you intelligent guys will have no issue.

Old and new parts:

20141018_170626.

Another picture just to understand what to do on O/S:

20141018_170643.

Hope it will help others if they want to change or clean by removing them.

Nighthawk likes this.
  19. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Cleaned up the post for you mate :Thumbup:

Looks like a very simple mod indeed, I think I'll bung these on my next HH order.

How are you finding them?

20. Nighthawk Guest

Excellent little mod, definitely something to try. How effective are you finding them?