Legend/4th Gen Search for a Legend

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by Sadsack, Monday 29th Oct, 2012.

1. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Cheshire
    Hi all,

Been looking to get a Honda Legend for a while now but keep talking myself out of it!

Anyway any hints and tips when looking for one? Nearly bought an 08 plate Legend at the weekend but backed out as not happy with the fact the car had had 4 owners since new?!?!

Appreciate any help, and encouragement in buying one. Have been looking at alternative marques but can't believe how good value for money these are :Happy: (but any money saved I bet soon goes to pay for the petrol :Aghast:

Thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I won't be put off seeing 4 owners, all the owner before you bought the car thinking its a cracking car which makes cracking value for money but reality hits home with its drinking habit strates to gripe your wallet.

The car is more or less bullet proof all the known issues are already listed in the Legend section, you need to ensure these have been fixed which can be confirmed at any dealership. I would buy one today but don't have the garage space for it.

3. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Many Thanks for your reply. Yes I realise it will be expensive on petrol, but doing less than 5k miles a year I'm hoping it should not be too much of a problem.

I'm interested in a couple of cars but cannot believe the variation in the prices of these cars. The one I would really like is on at £8990 and is a 56 plate with 35k miles. It has the advanced safety pack. Can anybody confirm whether that is a fair price in today's market? Would appreciate some assistance.

Thanks

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Have a look at Honda UK website,autotrader and the rest there are deals to be had.My advise is if you find the price too low well it would be for a reason.
    8k sounds about right allow some room for manoeuvring :Thumbup:

5. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wow that was a quick reply! :Hooray: Thanks for that.

There is another with similar mileage and an 08 plate, which is on for 11495, and I managed to negotiate down to about 10700 but in the end the 4 previous owners put me off.

The 8k one has the beige interior which I'm very keen on, and only has 1 previous owner. Going to view on Friday or Sunday....very excited :OTT:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mate all these sellers will drop the price the longer they sit with the car, play the cards right and call them up on a regular basis and throw numbers at them they will cave in.

it not everyday you get a punter who is looking for a Legend,they will want rid. playing the waiting game.

7. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know where you're coming from because I have been looking for a while and some cars have been sitting there for an awfully long time (over 4 months at least) yet some cars are coming up and being snapped up within days. Don't know why!

Few months ago one came up and I test drove it within a few days. Whilst I spent another two days playing it cool, the car had been sold! Was gutted!

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If you need any insight to a car let me know I can look into for you. If the car you are seeing are being sold .. then the people are paying the odds for it and you don't want to fall into that trap.

the car is fuel guzzler the purchasing price has to be right for you to keep it .. you pay over the odds the charm will soon wear off.

9. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's very kind of you! Thank you very much. Car I am going to hopefully view tomorrow is this....Honda demo + 1 owner since.

Honda Legend 3.5i VTEC EX 4dr Auto Saloon 2006

Any opinions?

10. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Think again singhy!!

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    why do you have to see threads like these why can you participate in other threads.. :Tongue:

whoever said making your wife a mod was a good idea needs shooting:Foolish:

12. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lol been caught out huh?

Apologies for double post. Was unsure what had happened so reposted

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    :nea:she will soon forget :Hooray:

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The fact he removed the number plates means we can't do check on it , can you get the VIN number SS?

why would you hide the numberplates on a sale car ? :Blink: