Aftermarket Kit Seat Belt Extension

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Robaloy, Friday 22nd Mar, 2013.

1. Robaloy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does anybody else find the rear seat belt socket really awkward to do up in conjunction with a child car seat, I was thinking of getting some of those extenders, has anyone used these and know if they are safe and whether they help!?

2. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

don't find it too bad, just need to hold the latch on the seat to stop it pushing down into the seat. Some of those Ebay extenders look a bit cheap, not sure its safe.

I'd also recommend a Prince Lionheart child seat protector, stops you car seat getting dented and scuffed, catches spills also, about £20 on Ebay.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It also depends on the child seat design and harness access points as well. Never had an issue to be honest with any of the belts.

4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've got an extender in my car. I bought one from eBay and it was cheap and nasty. I could actually bend the metal. It was sold as being CE rated but didn't have any markings. It was binned. I continued my search and found a CE one and its far better quality. Really rigged and well made. Been through two mots with it attached and passed with no issues. Just buy wisely.

5. Robaloy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah I've seen some good quality ones on amazon for £10 - £12, with the webbing, think I'll give one a go as at the moment its a bit of a hassle and my son can't do his own belt!

6. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Yes, I do.
    Fully understand what you're talking about.