Facelift Model Seat not sliding

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Khan, Saturday 16th May, 2015.

1. Khan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Khan Walsall
    Hi,

I am having some trouble with the front middle seat in the FR-V.
    The seat seems to be completely jammed and will not slide forward or back. I have tried using the lever on the front and the one at the rear as in the manual but it will not budge. Having looked underneath I can see the lever does move some mechanism when pulled.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or the last owner sold it to me like this as I never checked it at the time of purchase. The back middle seats slides fine.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

2. Khan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've looked again under the seat today when pulling the levers. It seems like the cable on one side is pulling the catch out the floor but not the other. It's as if the cable doesn't have any tension to lift the catch out on one side.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think you may need to take the seat out of the car to see what the problem is.

There should be something connecting the two latch mechanisms on either side together. It seems like that has unhooked/disconnected and the latch on one side is not being pulled.

4. Khan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Any idea how you remove this seat as it doesn't look very obvious?
    It's so tight under this seat I struggled to pull my new car mats under.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

There's just four bolts holding it down all under covers at each end of each rail. Pull the plastic covers off, take the front bolts off then somehow you need to slide the seat forward to take the rear ones off.

6. Khan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll have a look on the weekend when I have a bit more time.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Your welcome yaar.

I forgot to mention that it's best to disconnect the battery before you attempt to remove the seat as it will have lots of connectors of the bottom of the seat, some for the airbag system no doubt.

8. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    How did you get on with this. . Was the seat easy enough to remove.

My guess is a 20p piece stuck in the runner gap bit.

Chris.

9. Khan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a quick look but never attempted taking the seat out as knowing my luck I'll probably end up messing the ABS or something. I'll show my local mechanic see what he thinks.

I've check inside the runners as best as I could but can't see anything lodged in there.