Electrical & Lights Seat Warmer

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by herald, Tuesday 17th Jun, 2014.

1. herald Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harry Australia
    Hey guys, Just did a search on Google and on this forum and no results came up so i figure I'll ask away.

Just wondering if any kb Honda legend owners have had any issues with their drivers side seat warmer. My passenger side works perfectly fine, but the drivers side looks to me as though there is no power, no lights signal turns on to indicate it works, nor does it warm up. switch feels loose and broken but intact.

Is this a common issue?

In Australia everything is over priced - so my question is - Is any member able to sell me second hand or new parts from the UK?

Some possible things that i going to have a look at are - fuses, switch itself (most probably this is the cause), or the wires/plugs connecting to the switches.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers in advance

2. herald Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harry Australia
    Also as I am not a club member yet i need another 14 or so posts - so I'll ask here if that ok - Does anyone have a glove box for sale.... please refer to picture - must be the black/grey colour.

legendglovebox.

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 17th Jun, 2014
  3. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Try some online breakers in the UK. That said even if parts in the UK are cheaper, you have to factor in postage costs + customs if the seller isn't willing to lie.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Harry I could look up the troubleshooting guide for the front driver sets and see if there is something simple rather than taking the sledge hammer approach and change everything and hope for the best . I will have time tomorrow to post some pointers.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Harry does your KB1 have ventilated seats or non ventilated?

6. herald Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harry Australia
    you my friend are the true legend.....not my car!!!! false advertising i'd say...hehehehe thanks man that would be very helpful :Smile: Also in regards to costs....im not that fussed as it beats paying for new - the second hand parts in Australia don't really exist.....haven't found many wreckers that have any kb legends in stock so only place i could source anything is really Honda themselves...and well i aint paying $500+ for a glove box or $217 for a rear air vent. LOL

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am going to assume since you are in Oz you will have ventilated seats

Seat Heater Test - With Ventilated Seats

Driver's Seat
    Remove the driver's seat.
    Disconnect the 4P connector (A) and 2P connector (B) from the seat heater.
    Check for continuity between the A4 and B1 terminals of the drivers' seat wire harness side. There should be continuity. If there is no continuity, check for an open in the driver's seat wire harness. If the wire harness is OK, replace the seat-back heater.
    Check for continuity between the A1 and A4 terminals, the A1 and B1 terminals, and the A2 and A3 terminals. There should be continuity.
    If the continuity is not as specified, replace the appropriate seat heater.

KB1 seat HK.PNG

Front Passenger's Seat
    Remove the passenger's seat.
    Disconnect the 4P connector (A) from the seat heater.
    Check for continuity between the No. 1 and No. 4 terminals, and No. 3 and No. 2 terminals of the 4P connector. There should be continuity.
    If the continuity is not as specified, replace the seat heater.
    KB1 seat HK front passenger.PNG

8. herald Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harry Australia
    i would've have a clue....I will double check tomorrow - I'm guessing look under the seat where carpet is and see if there are vents or not. yeah?

9. herald Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harry Australia
    oooh you work very fast brother....thanks for this....I have a free day tomorrow...its 7:20pm here so in the morning I'm going to try this out. hopefully its nothing major and its an easy fix.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    well you will have perforation in the leather bud, if you don't then it not ventilated.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Anyway this is for Without Ventilation for the driver side

Seat Heater Test - Without Ventilated Seats
    Driver's Seat

Remove the driver's seat.
    Disconnect the 4P connector (A) and 2P connector (B) from the seat heater.
    Check for continuity between the B1 and B2 terminals of the seat-back heater 2P connector. There should be continuity.
    Check for continuity between the A3 and B1 terminals, the A1 and B2 terminals, and the A2 and B2 terminals. There should be continuity.
    If the continuity is not as specified, replace the appropriate seat heater.

KB1 HK Driver WVS.PNG

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Fingers cross you can get to the bottom of it. I take you have checked the power relay and fuses already? No worrires take your time tomorrow and report back .:Niceone:

13. herald Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harry Australia
    cheers again....yeah all that done.!!!!

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just check the continuity and that will tell you what is going on .