Facelift Model Seatbelt issue

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by kes, Thursday 4th Jun, 2015.

1. kes Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

As the FR-V is used as a family car I'm constantly putting car seats in and out, especially as kids love to sit in the front when possible. The issue I have with the seat belts are once the belt is fully pulled out and I start to attach the car seats if I let any of the slack retract back I can't get it to come back out and is locked. The only way I can get the full length is to fully retract and start again. This must be a safety feature as all the belts do this, is there anyway round it? It's not the end of the world but can make some car seats difficult to attach.

2. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Same set up in the Mobilio and Stepwgn, with the early stage car seats it can be quite a pain in the donkey, as you need almost all the belt to run through the seat. What I've done on occasion is extend the belt entirely and stick a spring clamp on the belt to keep it from retracting while routing it through the chair.

At least they have enough belt, the '96 CR-V I owned the rear belts were about 18" to short, and needed to source a seat belt extender.

kes likes this.
  3. kes Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the detailed reply, in that case I consider myself lucky!