Aftermarket Kit Self parking door mirrors

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Colin, Tuesday 31st Jul, 2012.

1. Colin New Member Getting Started

Hi
    I've just brought my CR-V and am absolutely delighted with it!!
    I couldn't understand what others were raving about but I'm certainly with them now.

When I picked up my car from the dealer the mirrors had been turned in and they explained that to open them you just push the button on the dashboard and hey presto out they go. It got me to thinking that why they couldn't put themselves away when you locked the car as well and the dealer told me that wasn't an option :Sobbing: shame.

He did mention that one of his buyers with a Civic had brought an after market gizmo that could be fitted and would do this.
    I got a link to the site with the instruction manual and it seems really good.

Does anyone know if this is suitable for fitting to a CR-V and would it work?

Any help with the question would be really appreciated.

Colin

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hello Colin and welcome,you could hit the button manually everytime you park the car make that a habit.

I have never seen this mod on a Civic but would like to see what you have found till now.

3. Colin New Member Getting Started

Hi Ichiban
    Thanks for the reply!

I can't upload the whole file with pictures, it's too big to go on the site, but will pdf it at work tomorrow and bring it down to a size more compatible to post on here.

But I have pasted the text for you.

Thanks
    Colin

4. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have this fitted to my Accord by someone who used to be a member of another forum. Sorry but I can`t help with instructions on how to fit it as I only watched and it was a system of his own design using relays and stuff, but if the CR-V wiring is the same then it can be done.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Colin you may want to insert the pictures into your second post . Look at this thread http://hondakarma.com/threads/1898/

Yeah I recall the mod on your car ,it was a mod done by Geordiedave. Haven't heard from him for ages hope he is well.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  6. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thats right CJ, it was GeordieDave. Not spoken to him for a long time but I know he still posts now and again on Genaccord

7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I think there was someone on civinfo selling home made units that could do this. Splicing into the switch wire usually resulted in the switch being disabled which was what put me off, but I think this was just due to their poor understanding of the wiring circuit and if the wires weren't cut the switch operation could be retained.

8. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Colin Welcome to AOC , I won't be cutting and dicing cables for a mod which is good to have .. All you have to do is use the button when you want. I have tried these type of mods on my CR€PPY VW it made things worse the damn canbus system is useless.

Enjoy your new car,messing with the car just not worth it.

9. Colin New Member Getting Started

Thanks for all your replies.
    I wasn't sure about this being a good idea purely as Mike says why mess with something tha may cause you problems.
    Just a bit surprised that Honda hadn't thought of it and installed it.

Obviously with a new car there is quite a big learning curve and I wasn't aware that pushing the button when parking did this for you, going to have to be a habit thing!!!

I managed to pdf the instructions and will try to get them in now.
    View attachment Folding Mirror Module.pdf

10. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

:Thumbup: Spot on. Pushing a button is no big deal. Life's too short. Just enjoy the car.

11. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    If you're still intent on trying this mod then you could take a look here KP Technologies