Service & Maintenance Service Cost can now include AA Roadside Assistance

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by tomwillie, Monday 14th Jul, 2014.

1. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Rang my usual dealer Norton Way Honda at Letchworth to book my 2.4Exi Accord in for 5th year service & MOT & was quoted £198-85p inclusive of VAT, which seemed a bit expensive as only oil & filter change required.

Contacted John Banks Honda at Cambridge & advised cost of £145 for service & £35 for MOT inclusive of VAT, ie £180 total, AND 12 months AA roadside assistance, which the guy said was a national arrangement & also that costs should be uniform?

Contacted Service Manager at Norton Way, where I had purchased the car & had it serviced last year, & he agreed to match John Banks price & AA Roadside Assistance. He said difference in cost was in MOT but had no comment when I mentioned his staff had not offered AA Roadside Assistance.

Roadside assistance purchased through my insurer cost £46.64 earlier this year, which will increase next year, will now not be needed next year if Honda Dealers repeat this offer.

Ichiban likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They had the AA cover on servicing for some years now, it should be offered by all dealers which will get the customers back.

But good news for you!

3. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've Never heard of this offer when my cars have been in for a service. :Unknown:

Interesting to know though.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its been ongoing for 4-5 years mate, on the approved car sales they were the trump card then aftersales took it on to get customers back into dealer servicing. The wholesale pick up price for this cover for the dealer is next to NOTHING.:Wink:

5. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

So have I been too loyal a customer as it has never been mentioned to me before? :Wink:

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Sales Manager at my local dealer appeared not to know about this. :Lipsrsealed:

7. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When I first got my tourer my Honda dealer had an offer on oil n filter for £79.99 and I got 12 months Honda Assistance with it although the old oil burner never needed it :Wink:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Tell him to walk over and speak to his used car sales manager.. people don't talk to each other at dealership its like walls between walls.

9. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    I got free 'Honda Care Assistance' last time I had it serviced. They arranged everything and I got a letter through the post confirming. Now when I check on Honda website, it confirms I have this breakdown assist service. You can try it as well, maybe you have it but weren't informed.

John Dickson likes this.
  10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers! I'll try and see now cred.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    John all new cars have AA cover as standard for three years. So it's on your third service they may offer it to you.

12. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Actually just realised I'm talking nonsense! Might've had it on my old Accord without knowing but I bought the Honda Care Assistance with the current car.

Ichiban likes this.
  13. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers CJ our posts have crossed.

Just realised I would get this with the car but I got the 5 year warranty, assistance and servicing thrown in in addition.

14. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry I'm saying I bought Honda Car Assistance - I bought the 3 year servicing and they upped it to 5 years warranty and 5 years servicing.

I'll get it right in the end! :lol:

I'm tired - that's my excuse anyway :lol:

Ichiban likes this.