Service & Maintenance Service indicator reset?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by micks_address, Tuesday 6th May, 2014.

1. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Folks,

On my 2009 EX Accord, I got it serviced two weeks ago but the service light came on over the weekend. I called the garage and they said they must have forgot to reset the service indicator. Obviously I could go back to the garage and have them reset it but I'd prefer not to as they are a bit of a distance away. I've read a few posts online about how to do the reset but none of them seem to make sense with my car. They talk about the 'oil perecentage' indicator?

Anyone have simple instructions to follow? I did a quick search using the forum search but it didnt thrown back anything obvious

Cheers,
    Mick

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ideally you want the service item reset too, as for turning off the light is easy . BUT I or HK will not list that procedure as it can be used by the wider audience to trick and fleece unsuspecting buyers to the legitimate service history.

I would suggest you get back to the dealer to reset the SvRS light and select the items serviced also which will rest the counters accurately.

3. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'd be happy to go back to the garage but its a 80 miles round trip... :Frown: i guess i'll just leave it till some time i'm passing.. he stamped the log book with the service details etc

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Get the dealers to come to some sort of agreement for the inconvenience as it part of their service they SHOULD have reset the SvRS, bare minimum is they need to pay for the fuel costs