Dealers/Garages Service maintenance codes

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by athamas, Wednesday 26th Sep, 2012.

1. athamas New Member Getting Started

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone would help with the service codes - "Service due now" started shining on my 8th Acco board computer recently (I-DTEC). What I am surprised by is the service code which indicates following:
    AB 6
    Could anyone advise what does the 6 actually stands for? I can find all AB2345789 codes meanings in my service booklet manual but the 6 is missing which is strange.

Any hints on that would be more than highly appreciated.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi and welcome to AOC , just search for SvRS in the search field and you will find all the codes.

if you get stuck let us know.

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Never noticed this but now you mention it i had a look and 6 is missing from the list,would like to know myself what does it mean for future reference.
    CJ any idea what 6 stands for?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi is your diesel accord with a auto box?

5. athamas New Member Getting Started

It's manual 2.2 I-DTEC 6MT

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks bud, Could you take a picture of this code display please?

You may need to approach a Honda dealer in your country as there is no code AB6 for all European Accords, was your car originally made for your your country or if it an import for another European country?

The reasons can be anything from a software giltch or other factors.

7. athamas New Member Getting Started

Hi guys,

would there be any chance to have this thread silently closed and many of you not considering me as completely stupid? :Smile:
    The thing is that id did not show AB6 but rather

AB

and today it obviously reads AB 5 :Grin:

I am sorry for confusion but appreciate your prompt response on that.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    mate don't worry about it, everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect it all part of the learning curve.

let this be a reminder than no question is a stupid question :Thumbup: happy you found your answer.