Brochures & Promo Service Manual - Car type?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by leofwen, Tuesday 22nd Oct, 2013.

1. leofwen Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I recently purchased a great Accord Service manual on DVD which seems to contain the information for all model variants of the 8th generation, but asks for whether the car is one of the following, CU1-CU2-CU3-CW1 CW2 or CW3, anyone idea what these numbers refer to?

my car is a 2.2 Ex I-DTEC Tourer on a 58 plate.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Thats called the chassis code. It basically tell you what line, body and engine you have.

See this very informative thread on the topic http://hondakarma.com/threads/33/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. leofwen Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Absolutely right. I looked at my V5 and CW3 is part of the number. Checking the CW3 version of the manual checks out for my version. Great thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  4. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Could you post us a link for the manual?

5. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Please only post link if it's for legitimate genuine honda manual. If it's a copy or otherwise please don't.

Ichiban likes this.
  6. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    Even if it's not genuine Honda it might be of use to us here. Why on earth not post the link?

7. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Because it's illegal and thus not allowed, as pointed out in the rules when members signed up.

8. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    What's illegal about it exactly?

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think there's some crossed wires here. From what I'm reading G12, your asking for a link to a manual which maybe non Honda (as you call it non genuine).

What Rob is saying is that if that link to a illegal copy of the manual that is not allowed.

So it's probably the terminology that is being used confusing the two of you.

Ichiban likes this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  11. leofwen Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The manual I found is still on ebay and comes from Italy. Just search on ebay for "Workshop Manual Honda Accord"

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    And those are 100% copied and illegal.:Bye:

13. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    I wasn't asking for anything other than why the OP couldn't post the link. I thought he was wanting to post a link to a site, not an ebay auction which is why I wanted to know what was illegal about it. I understand you might not want ebay links cluttering things here but I was puzzled as to why an online manual wouldn't be allowed just because it wasn't genuine...

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No there is no issue with eBay links infact I have posted an eBay link within this post , provided the article is genuine and not counterfeit. What you will find the OP is referring to is the fact he got hold of a workshop manual (it does not state which one i.e genuine or fake or from where) It was to understand how to decipher chassis codes so he can us .Look below for the links and the section where its mentioned.

There are no online version (unless you work for Honda) of the manual you have to buy them on DVD. There are numerous people on selling counterfeit copies on the internet. However if they are counterfeit copies of the genuine thing then those Links to those products are NOT allowed on here.

Hope this makes sense we were hoping you could find the answer reading between the line rather than spelling it out! Please refer to the AOC rules under Illegality.