General Service, MOT & a New Passenger Mirror...Ouch!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sprockutt, Monday 3rd Aug, 2015.

1. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    So left my wee Logo in the hands of my Mothers friend who was very kindly looking after her pets for her whilst we took her away on a weeks holiday to Portugal. However they managed to smash my N/S door mirror to bits trying to put it 'safely' away in the garage! They then had to contact Honda for a new one which unfortunately hadn't arrived by the time we had returned and I had to postpone my scheduled MOT for the following day. It turned out my local dealer could only find one in Belgium and even this isn't perfect as it doesn't have the heated element to it. But it still cost and eye watering £270 supplied and fitted by them. Still it saved me having to trawl round eBay and Gumtree on the lookout for very rare second hand parts.

As for the service I'm using the wee car everyday and had a squeal off one of the belt's so asked for all three (alt, A/C and another?) to be changed as well as the usual oil and filter. So this plus the cost of the MOT test ended up just over £200. But on the upside the car then flew through it's MOT with no advisories!!

IMG_4348.JPG

Harvey likes this.
  2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Sorry to hear about the damage, but glad she passed straight through the MOT with shining colours

Sprockutt likes this.
  3. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good job your little Logo passed with flying colours!

I didnt realise that parts for them would be that hard to find, couldn't they have sourced one from Japan, if the car was available there?

Sprockutt likes this.
  4. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    Yeah possibly but I was away on holiday and he just wanted to try and have the car fixed for my return. Plus I really needed it MOT'd before returning to work so really just as well. My other weekend car is in the Bodyshop so didn't have the option of using that.

5. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ah, I see fair enough David. At least they had the decency to try and get a replacement one. Half the people I know wouldn't bother as it would be a "its your car, you fix it" attitude. or a "can't you go to the scrap yard and get another one?"

Fortunatly I have a pair of colour coded ones that I got very cheap, so if it did happen, it wouldn't be such a bother, just charge whoever broke it double, :Smile:

Sprockutt likes this.