General Service parts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by waqs, Saturday 11th Apr, 2015.

1. waqs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Waqs nottingham
    Hi people,

Not sure if I am posting under the correct thread, so apologies! Anyway my CL7 is up for a minor service ASAP. I require some links please, where to purchase my parts from on a good price? If there is some sort of service kit I can purchase, I am not sure. As I only need OIL (5 by 30?) , OIL FILTER & SPARK PLUGS. It is a Accord 2004, 96K on the clock.

p.s. Also possibly will need N/S/R ABS sensor as light is on and on code it states this also. Mechanic said exciter could be rusty and its a very low chance of cleaning it may resolve this. But most of the time it is the exciter what causes the sensor to go, so will need to purchase both parts, is this correct?

Thanks for your help.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

You area not eligible for Club Discount yet, but if you check out the FAQ's there is a way to get discount now.
    FAQ #2: How do I get club discount?

Two of our other Sponsors often have good offers on oil. - Opie and Lubetech.

3. waqs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Anymore help people??

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I generally go Honda OEM parts for my Hondas for most parts. Will club discount from HH the prices are very reasonable. I think oil filter is something like £8 for OEM one from HH with free next day delivery (don't hold me to that price as I can't remember for sure).

If your engine has Iriduim spark plugs they have very long service life and may not need changing. Check your service history, see when they were last changed.

5w30 is fine your engine as mentioned by @Nels we have two club sponsors than can give you good prices on oil.

They N/S/R ABS sensor you maybe able to source second hand. Get the reluctor ring cleaned first though but most likely it is a failed sensor. There is info on this site on how to change these.

Anything else you need to know ?

5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

He mentioned spark plugs so it's not on the devils fuel :Grin:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Oh and he said CL7 too .. 2.0 litre

exec likes this.
  7. waqs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks alot for your help everyone. Are they any direct links for me to go on to straight purchase? I used shell 5 by 30 last time. Its a 2.0 petrol VTEC sport.

8. waqs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your help everyone. Are they any direct links for me to go on to purchase? I have previously used Shell 5 by 30.

Thanks

9. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hey bud I can sell you all the genuine parts needed for a major service (oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, spark plugs) including oil for £150 delivered. Is that a good deal?

10. waqs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tell me the breakdown of each part

11. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's a bundle price of £150. One of the links above may be cheaper?

12. waqs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well I can get Shell Ultra 5 by 30 with a standard filter for £29. Honda use shell them selves and filter don't matter. NGK iridium spark plugs for £30 which Honda also use and a standard pollen filter for £7. Can't go wrong can I?

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  13. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Honda don't use shell, they are contracted to Castrol.

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

@waqs just go for it man. No point over thinking these things.

exec and Chunkylover53 like this.
  15. waqs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

You know what @SpeedyGee, your absolute right.

16. waqs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Would you lot recommend NGK standard plugs or Iridium?

17. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Iridium supposedly lasts longer but I tend to find them 3 or 4 times the price of standard plugs which IMO is not worth it especially if its a car where the OEM doesn't specify iridium, so go for whatever the OEM spec is.

18. waqs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry don't know much about these, what would be the OEM?

19. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    OEM as in Honda's original one, the one they specify for the car, so you can either buy from Honda, or find what brand and model they rebrand and buy that from some other place. For example on mine the original Honda sparks are an NGK model which they rebrand.

A quick google suggests it is this: NGK Spark Plug ZFR6K-11 (NGK 6711)

Which doesnt appear to be Iridium. But perhaps someone else with the same engine as yours can confirm.

20. waqs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I did call Honda, they told me NGK is the ones they use. For my vehicle on there system it shows the standard NGK but it does not mean Iridium is not compatible.

Honda search via number plate so what ever part comes up for that vehice thats what they will use, they cannot check by part if its compatible or not.

I have found some links on ebay who do sell Iridium plugs for my vehice. So the question is should I go for them or standard ones?