Service & Maintenance Service parts

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by StuH, Wednesday 23rd Mar, 2016.

1. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    Just purchased from HH

0w20 Oil
    ATM Fluid
    Oil filter + Washer
    Iridium Sparks
    Air Filter
    Pollen Filter
    Fuel Filter

Grand total £190 delivered. can't argue with that.

Nels, legend-ary and Ichiban like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

I bought the car from a Ford dealer and they reckon they've serviced it but I want it right..

4. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Its the iridium spark plugs that are the biggest cost, luckily Honda only recommend changing them once every 70K.
    When I did mine at 80K they still looked new!
    I had no record of them ever being changed from the comprehensive service record I had, so I still changed them for peace of mind.
    Yours will be even nicer when serviced.. smoooooth!

5. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

No, they're not cheap and I only do 4k a year so not likely to see them out! Still, want to keep as spec.

6. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Nice parcel just landed from HH. Thought the oil might be Mobil 1 but no it's Honda branded, says Type 2.0 on it.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Type 2.0 is a Honda branded oil made by Idemitsu Kosan Co.,Ltd its the new CTR oil which is being used in my both tourer and its brill.

I would better than mobil

8. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Lovely service done and car feels much sweeter. The ford dealer I bought it from claimed they'd done a full service well the air filter was black, the pollen filter was totally knackered, the sparks proper stuffed. Thankfully I didn't believe it'd had a proper service but just think of all those who buy cars from them thinking they've been properly service! I did mention the valve clearance but the bloke who serviced it said it's that quiet and smooth he'd leave it. Don't know how much it's cost me in total because I've no bill from the garage yet.

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ford dealer :gotcha::gotcha::gotcha: @Pottermus must have serviced it.

10. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

I think calling it a service is stretching it. I wonder what their 120 point health check consists of? The real laugh is Evans Halshaw were continually emailing me trying to sell a service plan :lol:. I say were as their email address is now on the blocked list :Thumbup:

Ichiban and hondream like this.
  11. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Running so so well after the service, better than my last one now. Biggest improvement has been the gear change; can't real feel the changes now and on quite a few occasions I only knew it had changed back looking at the revs. There's definitely more midrange performance and it's keener to rev. Probably the most effective service I've had.