Service & Maintenance Service shift?

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by steve4536, Thursday 8th Aug, 2013.

1. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I bought the CR-V in April this year and it came with a stealerships service. I probably only do about 8-9K miles a year so working on an annual service basis my next service will be due after the winter in 2014.
    I'm thinking of bringing forward the service to November this year, more of a piece of mind thing to get through the winter months hopefully trouble free.
    Do you think this is a good idea, or am I being over concerned? I've noticed that on about three occasions since I've had the CR-V it hasn't started first time, but always on the second attempt. Having had a French diesel previously, the starting reliability was spot on every time in the 8 or so years I had it.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Steve I would still stick to the 12500 miles or one year and service the car which ever comes first. Early oil changes can be beneficial for your car and changing the oil is very easy provided you are willing to do it. if you need help with a DIY thread just say it that can be done to assist you.
    I don't think you are being over concerned it all valid concerns after all you want to look after your car for peaceful and enjoyable ownership experience.