Suspension, Steering and Brakes Servicing rear brakes (tourer)

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by StuH, Tuesday 7th Jun, 2016.

1. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    I've replaced the front discs and pads but the rears look reasonably new and genuine but I want to give them a service to try and keep the dreaded caliper problem away. I'm just wondering about the handbrake situation, I know the bung needs removing from the disc but what am I actually looking and feeling for?

2. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    Well using everyones replies to my original post :Whistle: I decided to do the rear brakes this afternoon.

Using @Ichiban guide I got the job done. I felt the offside had something going on as it was noisy at mway speed and gets hot. There was a definite bind that remained when the pads were removed. I couldn't do a full revolution without serious pushing so I presumed the drums were the issue. Luckily the discs came off after a brief chat with the hammer and impact driver so I could get access to the adjuster, then it was just a case of releasing the shoes until it was free making sure I used the retaining screws to make sure the disc was properly fitted before testing.

Everything else was straight forward. Getting the air released from the sliders took some time. It did help that the discs and pads were genuine Honda and loads of life left in them.

I did the second one in about 40 mins but didn't get chance to paint them.

I do have a gripe but I'm leaving that for another thread.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham