Electrical & Lights Setting the Clock

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Jimbo7630, Saturday 8th Sep, 2012.

1. Jimbo7630 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ayr
    Setting the Clock?

I have a 2003 Tourer with Sat Nav but no Disc, is it possible to set the clock time and how?:Sobbing:

Resetting the Tailgate ECU screwed it up!

Last edited: Monday 10th Sep, 2012
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    you will need to the disc as the time source is obtained via GPS , even if you disconnect the battery for a few seconds the GPS will get the time automatically.

For the one without sat nav follow these instructions,

• Inset key into ignition barrel and set it to second position.
    • Hold and press down the power until the following BUS communication is displayed on the screen NEWS ON/OFF
    • Turn the tune button to the left of the power button you will have 5-6 options numbered and stop until you see CLOCK 12H or 24H
    • Turn tune button to change the format from 12 to 24.
    • look at your wrist watch or mobile phone for the latest time and change it accordingly to the hour you desire.
    Without NAVI AOCUK.JPG

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    honda sat nav disc | eBay yours the dark black cd for your car go for the lastest version to rule out firmware mismatch.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Good advice but there is a procedure to downgrade to the firmware present on the disc, should you wish to go for an earlier version of the disc/firmware than you currently have.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The downgrade firmware instruction are here on the forum too, just in case you encounter that issue.

6. Jimbo7630 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ayr
    Thanks everyone, for the replies, I was afraid I'd have to buy a Disc!!!:Aghast:

7. Jimbo7630 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ayr
    QUESTION,when you say "the Black one" do you mean the CR-V one at £49.99? and is it a CD , looks like my system wants a DVD?

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  9. Jimbo7630 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ayr
    Thanks! Guess this makes it up to 10 characters, lol!

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    let us know what happens :Thumbup:

11. Jimbo7630 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ayr
    OK, when I insert the Disc the screen just goes blank, am I supposed to wait and see what happens, or is this a symptom of the Laser Lens having failed or needing a clean?

12. Jimbo7630 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ayr
    Honda, apparently, have issued a Service Bulletin detailing problems with Disc Reading errors, HOWEVER they are denying the public access to this!

LinkDeny

Anyone have a copy of the PDF?

Guess it really is a secret!

Last edited: Friday 14th Sep, 2012
  13. Jimbo7630 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ayr
    This is the non functioning url version if anyone knows where to find the PDF

http://www. in.honda.com/ Rjanisis/pubs/SB/A08-051.PDF

14. Jimbo7630 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ayr
    Further update: have tried the "Baby Wipe"/ruler cleaning method - no joy, also tried a commercially available lens cleaning disc and that didn't work, all I get is "Disc Reading Error"
    further suggestions are welcome.

15. Jimbo7630 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ayr
    Further Info: This from the Repair centre MANAGER of a Honda Main Dealer! "set your Radio to a station with RDS for 5 minutes and see if that resets the clock"!!!!!!!! exclamation marks added by me.

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    And does that work?