General Shell V-Power Nitro +

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ichiban, Friday 19th Apr, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just got back from Manchester and saw this , filled up 57 litres . I have not checked the shell website to see the advantages.
    image.

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Awesome! 25%? I love the nice round figures they get lol!

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Let us know your findings CJ, BP Ultimate for me seems vastly superior to generic 95.

Can't spot the RON on the Shell site - any idea what it is?

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I drive through Germany every year and its widely available on Shell but called V power racing and its 100 RON

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Have you tried it yourself zoran?

7. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    Can't wait to try! LOL :Smile: Nitro power..mm.. I must fly after this!

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I still remember "Formula Shell" from (about) mid-1980's?

Always seemed to make the Mini I had at the time run much better...although I remember there were some issues!

9. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

BTW, what RON we got here in UK on this Shell V-Power? 97? Once I've tried to find out asking garage staff.. it was useless attempt.. LOL

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I believe it's now 99 RON whereas it used to be 97 (there's a thread somewhere mentioning it), if that's the case it's to compete with the Tesco Momentum 99 no doubt.

There's a noticeable power difference between 95 and 97, then a small (but claimed noticeable) difference between 97 and 99. I haven't had any experience with 99 yet but I'll give it a shot next tank and this too if I get the chance.

11. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Difference in power? Haven't noticed any... :Unknown: When I bought a car back in July '12, I was filling up regular Shell 95 RON, later (Autumn) I've started using a V-Power, just by an idea that it possibly protects engine better than regular fuel. So I'm stilling happy using V-Power, but I can't say that I felt any extra power when switched to it :Smile:

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I've filled the car with 95 a couple of times (when stations don't have 97) and I tell you man - there's definitely a difference. Better low RPM response, smoother in low gears and definitely a bit more kick - fuel efficiency seems to be a bit better especially on long motorway stretches. There's a thread here somewhere with a link to a report that compared 95, 97 and 99 and came to similar conclusions.

13. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Maybe maybe mate.. :Wink: Probably 'cause when I switched to V-Power I was still driving smoothly and was getting used to my new car :lol: Didn't pushed revs so high, like I do now :vtec:

14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Haha, I only started to pay attention to it because it's about all that used to actually get my old Astra feeling "semi-smooth" to drive :lol:

intruder likes this.
  15. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I think it was Shell Optimax which was 97 RON in the UK and then the V-Power came out which is 99 RON in the UK. I would guess that the Nitro + is still just 99 RON otherwise wouldn't they be shouting about it were it higher? The extra cleaning and lube could be a nice bonus, I'm going to try it out! :Smile:

16. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    With the xtra cleaning and lubing this would be a good fuel to put into LPG powered cars.

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have just completed 379 miles today just filled up the fuel does have a more fruity smell, not the strong pungent smell you associate petrol with.I have used shell super fuel since 2003 then optimax , vpower now nitro all of them have has different smells.anyway just filled another 45 litres and the car does run extremely smooth . Going to drive back home another 240 mile journey and that will give me a better indication. So No power increase just smooth linear power delivery which is really nice TBH

DeviateDefiant and intruder like this.
  18. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I did have 4 or 5 tanks of v power racing on my travels last year but can't say I noticed any difference.
    Maybe because my car is ran since I bought it on V power only or because I am not great driver and doesn't notice things.
    I remember it was fairly expensive 1.80 € per litre.

19. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Sounds good. I just drove all the way up to my local Shell to fill up with the stuff but couldn't see any pumps marked. I asked the girl inside and I got a look that was blanker that a Greek's bank statement.

The website says they should have it. Grrrrrr. Ended up filling up with V-Power pleb class.

20. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Scotland has to wait :lol: I imagine that girl's face when you asked about Nitro+ stuff.. :lol: