Detailing Shine and reflection!!

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by 1093, Wednesday 15th Jan, 2014.

1. 1093 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

:Smile:I've just washed and cleaned the car and used Autoglym high definition wax topped of with Autoglym extra gloss protection!

Torlac, DeviateDefiant, Neil and 4 others like this.
  2. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Very nice mate:Thumbup:
  3. 1093 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Trouble is with this weather doesn't stay like it for long!!!:Sobbing:
  4. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Really nice and shiny :GoodJob:
  5. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Very nice shine. Wish I had the time to get mine looking like that.
  6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

That looks great, and perfect!

How on earth have you avoided any stone chips on that front bumper?:Unknown:
  7. bijomaru Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Rob Swindon
    Step 1: Do not drive ...

John Dickson and FirstHonda like this.
  8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Is step two...?

2. Refer to step 1 :Rolf:
    John Dickson likes this.
  9. Neil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neil Newton Abbot
    That is nice and shiny!! :Thumbup:
  10. 1093 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for all the compliments..............I find to keep it looking good is perpetration then a really good wax and protection, just wash regularly (two bucket wash) and use a quick detail polish after washing. This makes washing far easier as dirty washes off better.

The front bumper gets a good few coatings of wax and sealent which I believe helps.
  11. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Very nice buddy but extra gloss protection should go underneath your wax not the other way around as egp is a sealant and won't sit very well on the wax, you'll find the durability will drop off quicker than it should
  12. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    I think that he applied the extra gloss protection correctly. This is certainly the way I have used it for years. I have just read the label which confirms this. Mind you the fact that my car gets layer after layer, I tend to forget what the latest coat consists of !!
    Mike c
  13. 1093 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the info, I'll remember that for next time. Was looking at using Poorboys black hole if you have any tips?
  14. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Egp and other sealants always need to be added first to a clean, prepped paint surface for correct bonding to take place, if you add any wax before this then the sealant will simply not bond to the wax but indeed degrade the wax underneath that's why always sealants first that's if people decide to use both, no need to though. Obviously each to there own and if you're happy then fair do's

- - - Updated - - -

Hi mate, black hole is a great glaze with some filling properties that will help mask any defects or light swirls. Use it after polishing but before wax. If applying by hand then use an applicator, couple panels at a time then leave to dry to a haze, buff of with a nice plush microfibre towel.
  15. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I aint kidding I used to live next door to a guy and he washed and polished his car at least twice a week. I went past about 10 years after I moved house he was washing his car and his son was doing his too. I slowed down and said, you were doing that when I moved it can't be that dirty :Happy:

He did smile but carried on cleaning :Happy:
  16. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Lol, i'm suprised he has any clearcoat left if he's been polishing that often unless he was using something like AG super resin polish or similar all in one products that doesn't remove defects/swirling but masks them
  17. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    That's the first thing that sprung to my mind as well!

Great job on the clean
  18. 1093 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

One tip I can give is keep the correct distance from the vehicle in front. What needs to be taken into consideration is your reaction time which is your thinking distance which varies with speed, your physical and mental condition and the degree of concentration applied. Your reaction distances at 30MPH would be 8.7 metres, at 50MPH would be 14.5 metres, at 70MPH would be 20.3 metres.
    So the overall stopping distance (thinking time +braking distance) at 30MPH would be 23 metres 5 car lengths, 50MPH would be 53 metres 12 car lengths, 70MPH would be 96 metres 21 car lengths.
    The braking distances will significantly increase in the wet especially at speed, tyre condition also makes a difference.
    The above might not always save your bumper from stone chips but it could save lives!!!
  19. TonyK7ng Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looking sweet mate :Smile:
  20. craighere Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Amazing job and pics - thanks for sharing