Off-Topic Shopping trollies!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Malibu, Tuesday 5th Jun, 2012.

1. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I have long been of the opinion that you can tell how people drive their cars by the way they 'drive' their trolleys round a supermarket, which may also explain middle lane drivers, now I am also wondering if I could not only tell how they drive, but what make of car as well, has anyone else thought the same??
    So I suffer from trolley rage!!!

Primarycare likes this.
  2. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

So true, I just bang their trolleys and say sorry if I feel like it.:Wave: That the only way to get around a supermarket with your sanity in check

As for the car they drive they are all Hyundai,Kia, German and all cheapo cars. :Rolf:

Primarycare and Malibu like this.
  3. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

It drives me crazy! & IU agree, definately not Honda drivers though- Lol

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LOL I am the same,I don't have patience for some people standing in the middle of aisle and talking.I do my shopping quickly as possible.

5. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The compo culture we may get injuries by supermarket trolley "where there is a blame their is a claim".

That will be the day! dare I say you will be putting 20 quid note in to release the trolleys lol

Ichiban and Malibu like this.
  6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I wonder how long it will be before someone claims a whiplash injury from a trolley rage incident. Lol

Malibu likes this.
  7. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I am sure someone somewhere is working on this & probably in this neck of the woods as well (speaking from experience of accident management companies)

8. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Omg it 'drives' me Barmy I definitely get trolley rage that is for sure, quite scary really

9. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yet again , endured the joys of the trolley brigade today.. Seemed worse than ever

10. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    My credo is pick a lane and stick to it, on the road and in the supermarket (store). Don't hog the middle of the isle. And, I see this so much from others. Not only is this behavior rude but dangerous to others, especially if you're coming down the isle opposite way with loaded down cart and kids in tow.

11. Felicity Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    My only big complaint about shopping carts is when someone leaves them stray in the parking lot and they end up smashing into the side of my car. Thankfully that hasn't happened with my new Honda Accord yet. Though my last one had a nice sized ding in the driver's side door for a good month before i was able to have it repaired.

12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Agree with the above - trollies in car parks are a major nuisance - I've seen some horrors, including once a lady telling somebody (after she had allowed hers to roll into his pride and joy) that "...it's only a car." :Aghast:

Unusual to actually see it happen - over the years I've got used to often finding new damage when I give the car a clean...and I'm SO careful where I park, but even so you'd be amazed how often I return to find somebody parked a) right next to me and b) too close! If there are child seats in the back it makes me even more nervous...

13. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Lol , you are so right! I often think if I parked in the far corner of a field someone would come & park next to me !! It's so annoying! And this evening I was in queuing traffic when I saw the car next to me rolling back whilst the woman was texting on her phone !!! She was completely oblivious even though I was trying to attract her attention, I was surprised the lady in the car behind her didn't pip her horn even when she bumped her. Then she looked at me & said whoops& drove off & my husbands first question was 'was she blonde' !!!

14. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not sure what it says about me because when the isle is empty I still enjoy running down and sliding to see how far I can get. Maybe I just need to grow up a bit???

Malibu and Ichiban like this.
  15. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I wonder if her reaction would have been the same if he had returned the favour then said that too?!

16. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^^Funny, I remember thinking that at the time. Said to the wrong person, in the wrong mood, she could have had a few dented panels!

17. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Me too, big kids really ha ha ha.