Off-Topic Sick of this weather :(

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave, Thursday 9th Feb, 2012.

1. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The poor car looks a right mess all that horrid salt on it + all the road grime and I want to do an oil and filter change on it but its sooo blooming cold.

Then I've drove Manchester to York in rain then it turned to snow which was getting pretty heavy picked up a load from near Scarborough and then drove up the coast road which was rather white and still snowing which was a nightmare and then over the Humber Bridge which was completely white over, me head feels like its gonna explode argghhhhh lol.

Roll on summer!
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Totally agree with you bud came back from foggy notts . You feel drowsy driving into a white wall ... Roll on summer :cool:
  3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Me too, snowing pretty heavy in London at the moment.
  4. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nightmare aint it makes my job so much harder and then you get to follow people with rear fog lights on when there's no fog! Still snowing now in Immingham :Frown:
  5. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

After sleet off and on for the last few hours it's now snowing heavily in Birmingham - not looking forward to tomorrow morning :Frown:
  6. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

It's lousy but hang in there guys, it will turn soon, next week according to Zoover.
  7. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Fingers crossed!
  8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hope so it's a nightmare driving nights you always end up with the early morning idiots who are in a hurry to get to work and haven't cleaned the snow off the car and are looking out of a credit card size hole on the windscreen no lights and cut you up?? Grrrrrr
    Then when I get home I can't take my dog out for his daily walk cause the salt is all over the pavements and it gets in his paws do if it makes a mess of our cars think what it does to his paws??? Glad I've a biggish garden for him.
  9. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

We escaped the snow mostly here in Birmingham. Just a light sprinkling, but some ICE on untreated roads. Experienced the ABS on the car whilst trying to stop at some lights! Worked perfectly - car kept straight and stopped ok! Not a nice experience though with the car sliding instead of stopping! Luckily I was going slowly and keeping loads of distance anyway!
  10. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    The snow does have some good uses. You can break traction at very low speeds which teaches you how your car handles and how to handle your car. Plus at such low speeds you only slide a few inches or feet before you stop. I always use this time of year to improve my driving skills, straight line braking and accelerating down my ICE covered empty street, and more adventurous slide handling in the works car park (when it's empty of course). :Grin:

But after seeing how much crusty salt is covering my car today, which means I now have to go out in the cold and wash it because I refuse to leave it like that, I'm sick of it too.
  11. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Whats it do to is paws mate?? what dog you got? I've got 2 Rhodesian ridgebacks 1 loves the snow and other hates it.
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Since we are all fed up with the weather .. What do people have in mind when the weather picks up.

I have a full service on the first gen before it MOT
    A wash and detail
    Both tourer strip and clean then detail
    All three cars to have a brake fluid flush
    Both tourers for MOT
    Four new tyres for my car
    Order my new 8th Generation
  13. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Give mine a damn good clean inside and out and do the oil change.
  14. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

wash and wax
    tyre paint
    wheel sealant
    oil change
    compliance bushes
    front and rear pads and discs
    5 new tyres
    aircon regas

master cylinder not squeaking much since I silicone-greased it though so probably won't bother with that
  15. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Give the car a good clean to get rid of all the salt,i washed it week ago and is now white from all this salt.
  16. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Erm did everyone see the last line! Order new 8th Generation! What you getting CJ? Diesel auto? or sticking with the 2.4?
  17. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Knowing CJ i think is going to be 2.4 Mugen this time(order one extra Mugen rear wing for me:cool:Smile:
  18. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

He's a German Shepherd and he loves the snow. You have to be careful with the salt as it can burn the pads or inflame them if they have a cut so just be careful.
    My to do list
    Change rear diff dampers on the wife's HR-V.
    Then bank balance permitting give the accord a full service.
  19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It will be the 2.4 for sure...diesel does nothing for my driving pleasure. I will not look at the Honda diesel until the German vendors are dropped... It harsh but that is the honest truth.
  20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes this time I would like a few mugen bits on provided the price is right. :Grin: