Electrical & Lights Side Mirror Indicator Assembly replacement

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by RogerH69, Sunday 26th Oct, 2014.

1. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I have no idea how I missed it, but I just noticed my one side mirror has a crack in the lens of the indicator assembly. I went back to the original pictures I took of the car and lo and behold, the crack is there (see below).

SideMirrorCrack.

I had a look at Partsbase and Lings, and they both show an exploded view of the side mirrors with the indicator assembly as a separate item. Does this mean I can replace just the indicator assembly (£53 as opposed to over £200 for a whole mirror assembly) ? Part number would be PFKL518245.

Has anyone here done it before (or disassembled and re-assembled a similar side mirror assembly), and if so, is it a simple enough job ?

Looking on Ebay, a used complete side mirror assembly is still more expensive than getting the indicator assembly on it's own, so may as well go with the new part..

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I believe that part is available on it's own. Give HH a call next week, tell them you're from HK and get a price (with club discount)

3. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

NP. I remember reading similar issues with the Accord. The lens is often a casualty if the mirror is bumped.

5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Rather the lens than the whole mirror :Grin:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Sorry guys, missed the Lings Part Number at the top of the thread:blush:

8. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

WOW. 25% Discount from HH. Just got quoted £43.32 including VAT for the turn light assembly. Will be delivered on Wednesday (would normally be next day, but they need to order it in).

The guy I spoke to said this is a part for an Accord, but confirmed by my registration that it was correct. If I write a guide up on replacing this, should I put it in the 7th Generation Civic section, or should it go elsewhere if it applies to multiple models ?

Last edited: Monday 27th Oct, 2014
    MickyB likes this.
  9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That's great news. HH come up trumps for us again. :party:

10. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

I just saw this great write-up by @Ichiban , and as the side mirrors on this generation Accord are the same as on my Civic, I don't think I need to write up another guide on this.

Ichiban likes this.
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They will be the same however the part numbers will be slightly different due to the car, HH will able to look them up easily.

12. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Yeah, part numbers are slightly different

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@RogerH69, just a thought. When you add the repair to you log, just quote @Ichiban 's DIY so that readers can follow what you've done It would tie the two together nicely.

14. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Will do @Nels
    I looked through @Ichiban 's DIY and that seems to go through replacing the actuator, which I assume is for adjusting the mirror. It also mentions cutting wires. If I am just replacing the indicator assembly, can I -

1 - Do it with the mirror still on the car ?
    2 - Do it without cutting any wires ?

15. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I don't know the answer to that, as I've not done that job. What do you think @Ichiban?

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yeah you can do without cutting the wire as long as you have a helper holding the wire so it does get stretched and one holding the outer case whilst you work .lol

17. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Thanks CJ :Niceone: