Optional Extras Silver Speaker rings: fitting advice needed

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by -BA-, Sunday 13th Jul, 2014.

1. -BA- Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys

I am having real trouble fitting these speaker rings. I bought them a few months back but decided to leave it until summer to fit them (could have used a hair dryer I suppose but just put it off). Anyway I cannot get them to stick for longer than 5 mins. I used IPA to clean the surface first but they just won't take.

Has anyone got any suggestions? Unsure about using superglue for fear of damaging anything and it being permanent.

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    These right?

image-jpg.

I wouldn't want to use anything as permanent as super-glue either, but in this case - I can't imagine you wanting to take them off again? Worst case, the hair dryer will get them loose, Goo-Gone should clear up the residue mess if needed. I tend to affix interior bits with double-sided sticky pad squares, they might be too thick for this purpose though.

3. -BA- Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes that's them. The pads provided are just useless :Frown:

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
  5. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Use some other tape and add a couple of dots from a silicone gun. It will act as glue but is non permenant as it will peel straight off.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  6. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

At my old work we had a liquid called 3M fastbond 30. It was a water based liquid that dries to rubber. It can be rubbed or wiped off with water. Anyway. I wiped a thin layer of the stuff to stick some tweeters to my dashboard that wouldn't stick. The liquid is green but dries clear when applied thinly.