Daily Driver Silver Spike

Other Honda Models vehicle added by JayG, Friday 2nd Sep, 2016

1. JayG Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom JayG London
    JayG added a new Honda to the garage:

Silver Spike

Check the vehicle's full information here.

2. JayG Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Options fitted:
    CD MD player with extra speakers in boot area
    Modulo body kit
    14-inch Honda alloys

Work done:
    Fog light for MOT
    KPH - MPH conversion
    Full clean, decontamination, wax, polish and protection. Half-day by Auto Genie

Planned:
    Thatcham Cat I alarm - booked in for fitting Sept 13th
    As cool as having a MiniDisc player in the car is, I really want a double-din touchscreen head which will take streaming audio. DVD playback an option but not a deal-breaker. Still shopping.
    When the head unit is installed I plan to include a reversing camera in to the fitting
    A performance air filter - mostly for looks and sound but may add a bit of performance
    Fancying some 16- or 17-inch alloys although no rush as I'm digging the retro cool of the fitted 14s
    @H-Tune say they can get these coil overs for £619. Would improve the stance I reckon

3. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Chesterfield
    Lovely stuff, just enjoying the photos on your garage page :Drool:

Good price for the coilies there, a bit of a drop will look amazing. Would be a rather more dollar, but did notice Airrex do a kit for the Jazz which should work with the Spike as the struts are basically the same. (Sorry to do that, just see people's funky cars and get all inspired to go hunting for bits)

Either way, look forward to seeing how things progress, you really have got a wonderful motor there, stoked for you :BooYeah:

JayG likes this.
  4. JayG Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks dude. I think there are similarities but also loading differences between the Spike and Jazz. It is tempting to go Airrex but I'm guessing it's quite a bit of coin. You never know, this might become a long term project. Getting it bagged would be cool and there's plenty of places to hide the canister(s).

Feel free to hunt for cool bits :Wink:

BB Baboonface likes this.
  5. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Unfortunately pretty pricey :Frown: and good thinking about the loading spec, i guess with independent control you could configure things to suit.
    Anyway, thanks man. will keep 'em peeled for funky stuff :Smile:

JayG likes this.
  6. JayG Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So It has the 2nd Generation Jazz engine in your spike? @DeviateDefiant we will need to add all the engine code and chassis code fields to this section?

JayG likes this.
  8. JayG Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yup. It certainly looks like it.

Performance tweaks and air filter recommendations gratefully received :Wink:

9. JayG Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

10. JayG Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Moving forward slowly but surely - not sure how to update the project log so thought I'd just add bits here.

The alarm was fitted and I have just finished fitting a Pioneer AVH-280BT head unit. Perhaps not the flashiest out there but it handles streamed Bluetooth from my phone, I can call and receive calls through Bluetooth (comes with mic), handles CD/DVD/USB and, obviously because of the DVD bit, play video files. Will add photos, but I'm sure you all know what a touchscreen head unit looks like :Tongue:

I might by some interior bits but I reckon saving for the suspension and wheels will be the next thing, hopefully.

Unless @H-Tune can recommend an air ram/air filter :Wink:

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    She's coming along well man, some coilies will suit her for that JDM modded kei car look :Grin:

Look for the edit button in the side bar mate :Smile:

JayG and BB Baboonface like this.
  12. H-Tune Performance Parts Trader

There's not going to be much available off the shelf, but if you grab a decent pod filter like AEM, K&N, Injen etc. you should be able to knock yourself something up with some suitable piping and couplers :Smile:

13. JayG Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Will have a look in a bit dude. Ta.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Will start a cunning plan.... :Wink:

14. JayG Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

JayG updated Silver Spike

View updates to this showcase item...

15. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Hmmn, i wonder if an intake/induction kit for a US Fit/Jazz would be viable? Think they share the same motor if i'm not mistaken, though obviously the dimensions of the space in the bay might differ somewhat.

JayG likes this.
  16. JayG Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's what I'm thinking buddy.

17. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Great minds eh? :Grin:

18. JayG Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yup :Grin:

It's either that or trying one of the 'universal fitting' jobbies from fleabay or similar. I was wondering if this from K&N would work.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Surely there must be at least the same amount of room in here as in a Jazz/Fit?

19. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Agreed, surely there can't be less room :Smile:
    Looking at pics, the Spike bay seems pretty close in looks to the GD1 Fit, maybe compare your car with a few GD1 pics to see how they match up.

It looks like K&N offer different intakes for the Fit, so maybe worth doing a bit more research before shelling out: Honda Fit Cold Air Intake - K&N Performance Air Intakes

20. JayG Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers dude. I have emailed K&N and they said the Jazz one probably won't fit but they will forward my email to someone in their technical team to get in touch. I will definitely mention the Fit ones. They look good too.