Off-Topic Sky Q

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by FirstHonda, Sunday 25th Sep, 2016.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Just wondered if anybody had taken the plunge and actually has Sky Q yet.

Would like to hear feedback on whether it is worth the I'm tempted now that I've got a 4K television!
  2. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
  3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I'm an existing customer, so the deal isn't any good for me. :depressed:

I'm really after somebody who already has it and can tell me what it's like.
    chris2982 likes this.
  4. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@FirstHonda I think you can take the deal out and just sign up in your wife's name. I've done that in the past. The only bad thing I've heard is the cost of sky. The box is great and apparently they've done a lot of updates to get rid of any bugs.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I've had Sky HD for years, and it's very good if a little expensive.

I'm thinking of upgrading to Sky Q though, which is even more expensive! If it's worth it, then fine...

Sky have always told me that their offers are by address where the equipment is used as well as by name. And I'm not signing my ex-wife up for it and getting her a deal lol!
  6. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

was about to take the plunge as becoming a new customer
    was told that its prone to many glitches and can freeze a lot
    might be best to leave it for a while yet until sky can eradicate issues
  7. RichCRX Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Richard Milton keynes
    I've just down graded my package with Sky to just the HD package from the sports package. Even then I feel it's a rip off given how few HD channels are about. 4k channels? How many are there? At the moment,, IMHO it's a gimmik. Yes the demo videos you see in the shops are amazing, but it's purposely rendered in 4k at development. TV show's won't be. They are done for a broad range of resolutions. Stick to the standard 1080p HD for the time being IMHO.
    exec likes this.