General sky TV package

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chris2982, Tuesday 23rd Feb, 2016.

1. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Hi all,,

thought I would put this up incase it may be of use to some on here.

I can currently get the full sky TV package, including sports , movies and HD for £30 a month.
    12 month discount on a 12 month contract.

let me know if interested.

chris.

legend-ary likes this.
  2. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good price that I don't have sport or movies but have phone and broadband and with all the discounts I could get still pay nearly £60 a month :Frown:

3. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

with the phone and broadband works out at around £47 with all tv..
    - - - Updated - - -
    if you out if contract do what I do every year and start new in the wife's name... she is a new customer :Wink:

4. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

How? When i went round my parents house on Sunday my mum was telling me her bill has rocketed from £60 per month to £100. That's for whatever the full package is called with Movies and Sport.

I've got BT myself and thats expensive and crap

5. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

I do a couple of small shifts a week to help out at the local currys store. . get all sorts of different offers now and again.
    got access to all sorts of offers from most suppliers, just this one seemed better than normal so thought would offer to you guys.
    already 5ried direct with sky and the street vendors and none of them can match , or even get close to the prices.

in the case of your parents , way I would do it is set up as a new package in whoever name it currently isn't in, and just cancel the existing one.
    if I can get their postcode I can see if I can get it there.. no need to got to any shops either as I can set it all up over the phone.

6. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    This only works if you have separate bank accounts.

7. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    @chris2982 I need to get a new Sky box as mine crashes every other night, with this offer would I get one?

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

The other thing I've picked up over the years is that you are far more likely to get a good offer (if you threaten to leave) from Sky or Virgin if you are in a Virgin cable area.

They both know that Sky and Virgin are the best in terms of reliability and channel availability (especially sport) and that if you can't get Virgin then they don't need to try anywhere near as hard.

I had BT for a while a couple of years ago, but soon went back to Sky. Because it was cr*p.

9. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

new box and dish if needed. :Smile:

I am going to be in the shop tomorrow for few hours if anybody wants me to check availability for them.
    - - - Updated - - -
    very true. . . Still not as cheap as I can get though :Wink:
    - - - Updated - - -
    not a problem I have came across yet.

10. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    When we moved my we signed my wife up to save the moving fee. Then I tried to say we had split to get a new account - again for free films etc for a year they said this bank account has already been used

11. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

I belive you have to be away a year before you can be viewed as a new customer.

12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I've been told that @chris2982

The best thing I did in terms of my Sky package was going to BT for a year. Before that, when I threatened to leave they just told me to go ahead - no offers, nothing to keep me (I'm not in a cable area).

Even when I did leave, they just let me go without a fight at all. BUT 6 months later they threw the kitchen sink at me to get me to come back. When I held out, three months later they just threw the whole kitchen - and since that I've been on some deal or other to keep me.

13. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I need to reduce my £70 sky bill and £25 bt sport bill. I can't afford it now with all the bargins I'm finding on ebay. I was gonna leave sky then see what they offered right at the last minute.

I think I'm on the old family package and have f1 channel still. Not that I'll have time to watch f1 any more.

14. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

at work now guys,,, haven't checked the offers as yet but there has been some changes. .

some Internet free including fibre..

deals with BT, Virgin, sky, talk talk, plus net and ee..

all depends on who you are with, where you are and must not be in a contract...

pm me if you want me to check out for anyone,, will need you postcode, what you have now, what you want, and how much you are paying already including line rental , broadband, inclusive calls and tv packages.

will be in till about 3ish.

chris
    - - - Updated - - -
    message me your postcode mate and I will see if there is anything for you.

15. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I'm paying £42.40 for phone with unlimited calls and fibre broadband... I'm also paying £10 a month for my mobile with 3.... and was actually thinking of moving to Virgin on a 50Mbps broadband and mobile deal. I'd reduce that £52.40 to £42.25 whilst gaining a better deal on my mobile (unlimited calls/texts and double the data).

But it does mean getting rid of my land line altogether.

If I could get my Sky dropped to £30.25 a month, I'd consider staying... saves the hassle of switching... But I'm thinking of the change anyway because I had an unpleseant experience with Sky whilst trying to sort out their issues earlier in the week. Faulty router meant that they can't use the internet at all... connects but if you try and use it for more than a couple of minutes it drops out. Swapped microfilter and cables with no luck... then spent bout an hour on the phone going through everything again with their 'support' only to be told a replacement router would cost £69.99 delivery.

I told them that if that was the case, consider the account cancelled... and shortly afterwards a new router was on it's way FOC.

At least with Virgin you don't own the equipment so it will be replaced FOC and they don't charge silly call out fees like Sky do... In fact Sky have a standard £50 activation, whilst Virgin have a £9.99 one.

My only concern is whether Virgin do any throttling or capping of their unlimited service because I can get through a lot of bandwidth each month... and by a lot... I once managed 1.3TB in a 31 day period, that's not including outgoing data... that's 2 PC's a tablet and a phone being used for pretty much 18hrs a day (not all at the same time obviously).

16. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

they put the complete package back on at 30 quid.

Screenshot_2016-02-29-12-48-47.