Feedback/Help Small And Faint Print

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by Robbie, Friday 28th Feb, 2014.

1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Just logged in and finding it difficult to read. The print is small and very faint in light blue type. Not at all easy to read.

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Can you point out which blue type in particular please Robbie?

3. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    For example, when I go to CR-V 4th Generation and open it, the post titles are in faint blue type. The posts are OK when you open them. It is not at all easy on the eye until you actually get to the posts.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Should be a lot clearer now @Robbie, I'm going to do some more tweaks as feedback comes in :Smile:

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You can also use the browsers zoom to enlarge everything. So press CTRL and + to zoom in and enlarge everything

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

On that point as well, some of the assets are served "retina" compatible, so zooming in won't affect the quality rightt away. At the moment that applies to the logo, category icons, some of the UI elements and the members cars on the "Latest" page. More tweaks and updates to come.

7. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Could you possibly highlight the stickies on each subforum in addition to the pin logo - just makes it more clear because initially I thought that the last post order was screwed?

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I need to give this more thought as it's late, but I changed the background colour to make them visually separated for now.

9. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Perfect - looks pretty good to be honest - unless you've got a set colour scheme I'd keep it.

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Aye, that was the need for more thought. Updated it again to fit in better, think it's better now.

I'll likely revise the pin icons as well as a few others (search, watch etc.)

11. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    On the Community page the print on the far right is still far too small. My sight isn't that bad but it's not easy to see what the post is about without looking closely. The new format might look snazzy but I don't find it user friendly. It is also more difficult to wade through the various topics.

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You can enlarge text on any page by pressing "CTRL and + ", the browser will zoom in.

Ichiban likes this.
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Robbie the site is more optimised for the new generation display and retina screens. older machines which do not have sufficient Graphic or larger screens the site will be hard to use.

We are looking towards the future as its best way forward.:Blink: As speedy has said just enlarge your screen by the keyboard shortcut.

14. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Quick suggestion - when clicking on HK logo top right make it go straight to the community forums instead of the current start page?

15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

It's intended to be meta data, just for quick reference. The "New Posts" page is to clearly indicate what new has been posted. I'll see if there's any more feedback about the font sizing, although I personally think the size is perfect for something which isn't the main focus on that particular page.

Can you elaborate in more detail about what you find isn't user friendly and what is more difficult about navigating through topics? I'm all for making improvements wherever possible.

That's a good shout, I'll get it changed over now.

Chunkylover53 likes this.