Suspension, Steering and Brakes Small vibration

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by speeding_ant, Friday 17th Jul, 2015.

1. speeding_ant Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

NZ
    Getting a small (but enough to notice) vibration through the steering wheel at around 100-110km/h. The wheels have been balanced and I've recently had an alignment.

I have noticed one of the brake disks is very slightly warped when it heats up, could it be that?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    What conditions are the tyres in ?

Maybe worth swapping front to back, see if that helps.

Alternatively could be a driveshaft issue.

Sometimes wheel balancing isn't cone correctly, on certain types of wheels can be tricky to balance. Revist this is exhaust looking at other things.

3. speeding_ant Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

NZ
    Tyres are in good condition. They looked almost new, though they did come with the car when imported from Japan. Already swapped fronts to back.

I've noticed that occasionally, almost temperature dependent, the car feels completely smooth. Could that be a CV or bearing or something? No noises come from the car when turning.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

5. speeding_ant Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

NZ
    Not yet - I've found it comes and goes - almost temperature dependent.

Car out of action currently while it's getting ECU re-flashed. Will update later this week.

Nels likes this.
  6. speeding_ant Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

NZ
    Just FYI, the vibration ended up being the front disks. One was slightly warped, and that translated into a vibration through the steering wheel. Replaced disks with after market ones, problem went away.

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Automatic cars do hammer the brake more than manual cars so when my pads on my milk float do do I will insist the lease company changes the discs too.