Off-Topic Smartphone screen size

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by SayamaAccord, Wednesday 29th Feb, 2012.

1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

At the moment the Samsung Galaxy Note tops the list at 5.3 inches.

Is biggest best?

Or is that just too big?

Is it really a problem to have to use two hands on a smartphone?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I think the Dell streak has the biggest screen for a phone 5 inches ... You better off with a tablet with 3G to be honest.

3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

To be honest that's seems too big, I take it that's across the diagonal. Can't remember the iPhone 4 screen size, but I find it adequate, and it fits in my pocket.
    Although rumour has it the next iPhone will have a bigger screen.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. 35mmslr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I used a Streak for a while and it was a bit too big. It only looks right with my friend, but then he is 7-foot tall. I find that 4 - 4.3 is large enough. The 3.5 of the iPhone 4/4s is just too small for me. If the rumors for the iP5 are right then that might be interesting and if the IPS display for the iPad 3 is any good then that leads the way for a larger display on the 5.

6. Blue Guru Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Im used to the size of my HTC Desire HD but it is a bit bulky in the pocket, might go smaller at upgrade time later this year

7. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Whether I`m looking at my PC or my HTC Sensation I need my reading specs so the Sensation does me fine. Its not too big and I`m used to it in my pocket.