Engine & Gearbox smell of fuel in the car

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by welsh_decs, Tuesday 12th Feb, 2013.

1. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If I leave my car running to defrost or even just driving it sometimes I get a strong fuel small in the car what should I be checking?

2. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Has the manifold been done on your car?
    Had this with mine and was manifold.

Also had this on couple if VW in my previous life as a plebeian knowing no better until I woke up and smelt the diesel and ditch Audi for Honda. With the audi was always fuel return line perishing same with the passats we have owned. Can you see any leakage any wet areas where smell is strongest under the bonnet?

3. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I can't see any leaks anywhere and the smell is only there now and again I bought the car about 2 months ago and the previous owner didn't mention anything about the manifold

4. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You can find out if it has been done under warranty by speaking to Honda UK they will let you know. Local dealer if they can be bothered could find out for you. If it were a fuel leak you would smell it for sure under the bonnet if thats were it is coming from diesel stinks for ages unless cleaned off.

5. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have rang honda uk and they have said the only thing under warratny they could seen thats been done was a seal on the headlight as it was letting in water.

6. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I would get the manifold checked for cracks bud

7. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I would get them to check the manifold for cracks