Engine & Gearbox Smoky blues...

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by AccordMavman, Tuesday 18th Nov, 2014.

1. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Cheshire
    Hey everyone

Please excuse my extended absence from HK - this is due to a recent close family bereavement, the fallout of which is fairly time consuming as those of you who've been through it will know... Anyway, another month, and sadly another problem with my 7th Generation ICTDI... :SOS::thumbdown::Aghast::Unknown:

So on to the way to work yesterday, the engine started to sound like it's running on about 2 & 1/2 cylinders, is quite rattly under any form of load and it's smoking like a tramp steamer. For those of you who remember the bad old carburettor days, it's running like someone's got over enthusiastic with mixture screws. But... there's no warning lights or error messages on the dash at all (have re-started twice to check), it's still showing 57mpg on the display and the temp gauge is rock steady. It's booked into HH for tomorrow morning, but I would value your opinions on here before deciding who gets the gig to fix it...
    Thanks all...

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sorry to hear all hassle you have been having fella, just hope the car is a easy fix today at HH. The issue can be anything really.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Oh dear, sorry to hear. Hopefully HH can get her running all good again for you.

4. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    I think as Ichiban says could be anything, but first things I'd be checking if it was mine would be the likes of the MAP , MAF sensors and EGR valve and anything else around the intake , I bet there's a lot of sooting up gone on within these parts, could also be any one of the Injectors faulty , but here's hoping the garage find it an easy fix for you mate .
    Cheers Pete

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Sorry to read about the bereavement @AccordMavman.
    How did you get on at HH? What was the issue in the end?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds