Off-Topic Snow watch 2012

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Sunday 2nd Dec, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The gritters are in overdrive in the West Yorkshire region I have never seen such a massive gritting campaign whilst I have been here. The dried tarmac here is pure white my tyres have turned the same colour.:Aghast:

What's the status are your nick of the woods?

Post your pictures of snow preferably with your Accords in frame :Wink:

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No sign of gritters down here,must be colder up north.Washed and waxed car yesterday ready for winter.

3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

White with frost in Huddersfield. No sign of snow though.

4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Came back to London from Andover last Thursday night via M3. The gritters were all over the motorways. The brand new transit I hired to move our stuff got absolutely blasted by the grit lorry.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Can you do mine mate, Lol. I don't think I've even washed it for a few weeks now :Aghast:

6. westcorkaccord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

VW-Honda Ireland
    Weather sound bad there are you all on winter tyres, All season or normal summer tyres ?.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have never used snow tyres and done envisage using them...just drive sensibly and allow a lot space to the vehicle in front.

Gentle constant throttle and gentle braking do help rest is your driving craft really. I cannot be bothered messing with tyres.

8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's baltic here! Was -1 at 16:40 this afternoon! Washed the car earlier this afternoon only for it to get blasted by gritter later. Talk of snow over night possibly turning to rain by morning. Roads will be lethal tomorrow! Morpeth was on flood alert at the beginning of the week now everything is frozen and on Cold Weather Alert Level 3! Seen worse - two years ago we had nearly a foot and a half of snow at this time.

9. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Can't see as we will have any snow here

gritters have been out in sub zero temp here. Two ford ka and a focus in ditches on my drive to work on Thursday. Was disappointed as normal like a laugh at the mercs and BMW s lining up to put themselves in ditches :Smile:

Malibu and John Dickson like this.
  10. andymo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Had a light dusting this morning in the Scottish Borders, "There's snow on them thar hills" Friday's forecast is snow.

11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can always laugh at the Mercs and BMWs - winter when they're useless when it even looks like snow ("The Ultimate Driving Machine!" :Rolf:) and laugh again in the summer when they're at the side of the road, bonnet up and hazards on from the regular failures of German "quality" engineering. The added bonus in the summer is that Audis and VWs join in as well!:lol:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Same here in Northumberland.

12. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Snow this morning in London .

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    No signs of snow in Coventry but I saw a car covered in snow .. must have come up from daaawwn saaarff

14. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    No snow here in Lincolnshire either, and none forecast for the next 3 days

15. Elkingyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No snow here (Forres, Moray) but white about 10miles doon the road. Cold tho (-1 at the moment).

16. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Had about 1.5 inches of cover in Morpeth yesterday. Froze overnight so roads lethal in places this morning. Stopped at traffic lights at top of A1/A19 sliproad and although no problems stopping/pulling away road was like glass. Car wanted to go sideways when stopped.

It was supposed to snow heavily today but never happened as yet. Light rain before and BALTIC so roads will be in a canny state again in the morning!

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No sign of snow here despite the weather man reporting 80% chance of snow since 13:00 today.

They can only get rain bang on..

18. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Still nothing snow wise here in Lincolnshire either, although temps are lowish so will be a fair bit of ICE about in the early hours.

Actually it's not the mean temps that are causing the problem, but the wind chill factor

19. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The snow that had fallen has almost gone now - washed away! It's lashing down with rain here so we may be in bother tomorrow morning ICE-wise. If it keeps raining we'll be on flood alert again the ground's that waterlogged/frozen it's got nowhere to go. The culvert is blocked up the road where it passes under/along the road. They've been pumping water out since the other week there's that much coming off the fields. It looks as if there was almost no water left to get rid of two days ago but the pump looks like it's working quite hard there tonight. Think it's gonna be a long winter! New I should've bought winter tyres - with my luck that would've guaranteed the mildest winter on record! :lol:

20. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

This is all very well until you get the usual numptys out & about!