Off-Topic So Who Caused Us This Reputation?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DeviateDefiant, Saturday 22nd Aug, 2015.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    11898687_10206361173602421_7917846947626940828_n.

2. Big H Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Poole
    They probably asked BMW drivers.
    Not sure 'worse for undertaking' and 'slowness' go hand in hand though.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Think what they meant by that was middle-lane hoggers.

4. Big H Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That'll be the Lane Keeping Assist System then...

vincemince likes this.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

'Slowness' - brilliant journalistic standards right there - presumably means sticking to the speed limit?

In which case, if by doing so I annoy other drivers then I am pleased with that...:Laughing:

Surprised by the 'not giving way' - I would have thought Audi had that title won (if you drive an Audi you are clearly superior so don't need to give way to lesser mortals).

'Undertaking' - if the other muppets are hogging the middle lane, then...:Smile:

6. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    which rag is that, with that thorough piece of research

7. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    @Ichiban must do a lot of driving for people to vote for him.

MickyB likes this.
  8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Driving a Honda doesn't mean you automatically obey the rules or are courteous. It won't change the person you are.
    I have seen some Honda drivers that would easily fall into the categories in that article.

However, I have also seen more law abiding, courteous Honda drivers than just about any other brand.

As for the accuracy or truthfulness of journalists and the newspapers, don't get me started on that.

9. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    think this maybe a quote taken from formula 1 fans :Aghast:

10. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you're in the overtaking lane you can't stay there just because you're doing 70. In that case I will happily undertake if there isn't another lane to the right. I flat out disagree with failing to give way, that's an Audi I'm the king of the road trait. "Slowness" I agree with, Jazz and older unmodified Honda's. The lack of indication was just a error by this so called journalist who was meant to give that as a beemer driver trait.

exec likes this.
  11. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    It's funny you posted this today because I had a bit of an angry drive back home from the supermarket today. :Laughing: What else are you supposed to do when you have twats driving at 35mph in a convoy on the middle and outside lane on 50/60 roads and then causing huge tailbacks, there is only one way to get past and thats to let VTEC do its job. Amazing how open the roads are once you get past the idiot at the front holding traffic back. Don't get me mad whilst driving on scorching hot day. :boss:

To that beige Golf driver if you reading this, you should of let me in at the first hurdle rather than trying to close the gap. :wanker:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Heres the full article: Beware the silver Honda – the new menace of our time | Cars

This must be some sort of joke, because nearly all Honda drivers I come across drive well, it's only certain sections of the EP3 brigrade that like to drive like idiots.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  12. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"The data, compiled by Privilege car insurance, showed that for eight out of the 20 bad habits included, drivers of Hondas were the most frequent offenders"

ahhhh, of course, it makes sense now - Privilege car insurance has a very large Oracle database on the bad habits of drivers, which they then sifted with Matlab

13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

It would have been useful if they had released details of the different makes of car driven by their customers alongside their 'survey.'

I'm guessing not many Honda owners!

As for the 'photo of the silver Accord at the top of the Telegraph article, one thought from me...that's the most effective advert for the 8th Generation in years!

14. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:lol::lol::lol:

The German propaganda machine has been deployed! We need our :ninja:to strike back.

15. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gary Lincs
    Its amazing how the car manufacturer gets blame Honda this BMW that, surely to make real tables of which group is bad or which group is good it needs to be done at a human level after all its the wally behind the wheel that courses the problems. Take it from me after 29 years of attending road traffic accidents the worse groups are people who have no perception of what is going on around them, fast and slow drivers and arrogant drivers.Its not always a particular age group as people can behave in different ways that affect their driving at different times however as a general rule through my experience it tends to be older people, inexperienced drivers and people who are under pressure ie they have to get to somewhere for a deadline. This may not be a popular post i have put on with certain quarters but this is based on my real world professional experience and not some article that has been printed in a newspaper

Harvey, Chunkylover53 and Nels like this.
  16. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think the point is that it is impossible to be factual about "bad drivers", as it is based on the perception of another driver. There cannot be a true database of "bad driving habits":- wherever one existed (which is most unlikely), then it will be based on opinion, and opinion is not fact.

If someone is hogging the outside lane of a 3-lane motorway in this country, and they are driving at 70mph on their speedometer, then it is highly likely that they are actually driving slower than a real 70mph. If someone behind knows that the true speed of their own speedometer reads 5% fast, and their speedometer is reading 70mph, then if there is room to overtake on the inside, then AFAIK they are not breaking the law if they do overtake on the inside. Other drivers who see this would then have to decide on who was the "bad driver", the one hogging the outside lane (who is actually driving under 70mph) , or the driver going past in the middle lane (who is actually driving at 70mph).

I use the above as an example, and there will be many more examples of the ambiguity of information used by drivers to make decisions.

17. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I would pay far more attention to your real life experiences than to any newspaper article. Popular or not, the truth is the truth and that's what we really need.

18. Big H Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

IMO you have to factor in the car though.
    When I'm driving my S2000, traffic around me is definitely more inclined to move out of my way on dual carriageways and motorways as I approach them, to let me out of side roads in heavy nose to tail slow moving traffic and to not pull in so soon after overtaking me than they're ever prepared to do if I'm driving my wife's Jazz and that's not because I'm driving any more aggressively. It's just that many of us perceive cars in a pecking order.

19. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    - - - Updated - - -
    Heres the full article: Beware the silver Honda – the new menace of our time | Cars[/QUOTE]
    Hey that's my silver Honda Accord they're talking about in that article?? What a joke.
    This is discrimination. You can be suited for that in Belgium hahaha :lol:.
    They indeed must have asked those questions to BMW and Audi drivers. They won't blame themselve!

MickyB likes this.
  20. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

In my experience its drivers of white vans (of all makes) that are the worst drivers.
    Honda drivers around here are perfectly fine, courteous and all that Jazz, again its the drivers of high and low powered German cars who seem to think they own the roads, plus some Vauxhall and Volvo owners.

However I did indeed have a shouting match in the middle of the town centre today with the driver/owern of a white Ford Transit about his lack of use of mirrors and signals as he pulled out infront of me from a parking bay. Of course my use of the horn compelled this driver to shout foul language at me, which was echoed by my own, To the point of getting out of making my point known that I was not happy with his attidude and lack of signals, Half of what he said was ranting back at me and calling me all the names his half a brain cell could think of and "I own a transit van" good for you mate, I own a Honda, what difference does that make, you didnt Effing indicate, thats what they are jeffing for!

Sorry, still anoyed at the idiot now.