Off-Topic Software help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by StuH, Monday 10th Jun, 2013.

1. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    I've put a programme on my computer which I desperately need to use for work purposes. It seems to have installed okay but when I try to run it I get the following error message: component 'vblayout.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I've spent hours googling this but all I seem to get are people spamming and telling you to download this that and the other which will sort it.

Anyone help at all?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Download malware bytes Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download update it first with the latest patch by clicking update. On completion disconnect it from the internet. Reboot in safemode and run a full scan. It will remove all known malware run it a few times.take it from there.

3. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Did all that, didn't find anything. I tried the programme in safe mode and it worked fine so I restarted in Windows 7 and it worked! That's two weeks of frustration gone in about 30 minutes. I've no idea how I did it, probably something to do with running it in SM I guess. Anyway, the Malware software will come in handy.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

I do use CCleaner, it's a good'un. All looking good now.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good stuff, can't wait to ditch windows for mac none this rubbish to get decent performance.