Service & Maintenance Software Updates

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2009)' started by Uriel, Wednesday 18th Feb, 2015.

1. Uriel Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just a note on the update below. I have a 2010 Insight ES. In October 2012 I had 3 updates installed. I've asked about the update below when having the car serviced and been told the dealer checked but it wasn't available for my car.

Another UK Insight owner at insightcentral reports the same thing. So far - no reports in Europe of this update being available from others on that forum

Meanwhile in the USA owners have received a recall letter, seemingly related to this update. The letter definitely mentioned the IMA memory effect.

I'm not 100% sure whether the three 2012 updates included this one or not.. One was certainly related to IMA function but I was only told verbally that 3 updates had been applied after I mentioned forced charging up hills. I didn't get any paperwork at the time but the change in the way the car drove was immediately obvious with a striking improvement in smoothness and predictability of IMA behaviour. I have had a minor improvement in fuel economy since they were installed but that could equally be down to me starting to use traffic avoidance with a Tomtom satnav app at around the same time.

"This is potential issue seen on the following vechicles.

MODELCHASSIS CODEYM
    CR-ZZF111, 12
    INSIGHTZE210, 11, 12
    Jazz HYBRIDGP112, 13
    The Symptom
    - Battery charge indicator decreases suddenly with reduction in available IMA assist.
    - IMA warning light is on with DTC P0A7F only.

The Cause
    Memory effect of the IMA battery causes a change to the discharge voltage. This voltage change causes the ECU to miscalculate the IMA battery usable capacity and subsequently reduce the available IMA assist during driving.

The Fix
    Reprogramming of the IMA motor ECU.
    Application to Production Line
    JHMZE2***CS205283
    JHMZF1***CS203866
    JHMGP1***DS000001

Visit you dealer to carry out IMA Battery Memory Learning and IMA ECU Software Update, the update will take in excess of hour and half."​

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Do you know your Year model for your car I know your car is a 2010 registration that may make it a MY09 and if you look at the TSB you have posted the MY09 is not listed so your car does not have the same issue.

It also give us a compliment that other fourms are copying our content verbatim Bulletins & Advisories - IMA Battery Usable Capacity Low

when you had this information here all this time. LOL

Last edited: Wednesday 18th Feb, 2015
  3. Uriel Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm not sure.

It's a 10 plate, registered March 2010 so could easily be manufactured in 2009, especially considering that it would have been shipped over from Japan.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If you look at the other guides here on the forum in how to decipher your VIN you can see when the car was made I can do a ZE2 guide if that helps you to understand more about the car.

5. Uriel Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That came from this forum! I quoted it here because the original thread is locked.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I can't see it being locked as it has had post on it after the publication of it.

7. Uriel Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hmm. It certainly looked like it earlier. Replies seem to be enabled now. Is it possible to merge this thread into that one?

8. Uriel Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Further discussion over on the Insightcentral forum indicates that a Greek owner with a 2009 vehicle has been given this update today hen they went in for a service. Several people on that forum have asked their dealers to check for it and this is the first one in Europe we've heard of that has got a possitive response.

I'll be asking my dealer to check again next time I'm in for a service but that will be a few months away.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No that thread is fine as it does cover other models apart from the ZE1, ZF1 & GP1. As this thread links to that post there is no need to merge it.

if that the case the Greek dealer has updated their MVCI and HDS software to the latest and greatest version and on connecting to that car its senses the ECM code and applied the PUD, you need to enquire with your Honda dealer if they are running the latest software.