Off-Topic Soichiro Honda

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by AccordCU2, Sunday 11th Dec, 2011.

1. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You probably all know this but here goes few words on man who is responsible for these great cars and where the name came from.

Soichiro Honda was born on 17/11/1905 in Hamamatsu Japan.he spent his early childhood helping his father with bicycle repair business.at the age of 15 Honda left home without any education and headed to Tokyo to look for work.He started as an apprentice at a garage and stayed as a mechanic for 6 years before returning home to start his own repair business.in 1937 began producing piston rings for small engines which led to manufacturing small engines for motorcycles.Honda turned the company into a billion-dollar multinational that produced the best selling motorcycles in the world.He retired in 1973 but stayed as director.in retirement Honda busied himself with work connected with Honda foundation.
    He died in 1991.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks for starting this post Zoran,

It was one of my to do threads , but since you have started I want to share this brief glimpse into a remarkable man , who has also had a major effect on my life.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014
  3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

what a great video.thanks for sharing CJ.I never seen this one before.
    Truly remarkable man.i especially liked this part when he says
    "The older i get the more dreams i have.When you run out of your dreams there will be no meaning in life.One must keep chasing his dreams"
    Brilliant

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have had that clip from my Honda days and till date his meaning of commitment and drive is still present in todays Honda products. A lot will disagree with me ,Honda is on the crossroads to bigger better things.The current cars and lines up don't speak volumes in performance levels..it will all change with the earth dream engines the new 2.4 is the one to watch :cool:

With the yen being so strong Honda can spend and technically do a tax write off on their balance sheet,hence the rumours of F1 racing with the motogp crown in the bag.Honda is re grouping for an assault . The future is looking superb all the Honda deserters will be coming back you watch.

exec likes this.
  5. danrobinson Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I hope HUK don't cack on their own doorstep then... Have always loved Honda - even before getting it on with my missus - who also has a thing for Soichrio Sama.

Really missing my Turbo action :Frown:. Got dicked by two beemers today... ordinarily they would have been sniffing fumes... Paddle clutch in the new year as soon as funds permit.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dan you seen the 9th Generation in flesh its good the making of a quality little car. This paddle clutch you are talking about on your car. Do we have substantial data out there from people who have fitted these kits? It a well known fact the pressure plate is the Achilles heel for the I-CTDI. what makes this clutch kit far superior to the stock one, or is it a case of it a modified part and anything is better than stock mentality.:Messed:

7. danrobinson Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'll start a separate thread on that one bud...try and keep this one on steam :Smile:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  9. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

A truly great man, and an inspiration to us all about the qualities that matter.

10. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

An inspiration to everyone.

Another great inspiration who isn't with us anymore was Steve Jobs the founder of Apple. Without great people in the world we'd never progress.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    here here Steve Jobs still has his critics but what ever he did was revolutionary , so does Honda both companies don't crave the limelight. They let the products do the talking and leave the lasting impression forever.

12. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^^^^^amen^^^^^

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Anyone else got a clip worth a shout or not seen before please do share it :Hooray:

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bumping this thread