Off-Topic Some days just don't go right

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Abbey, Wednesday 27th Jun, 2012.

1. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    I'm having a really good day today. But some days just don't seem to go right. And, maybe that only happens for me, when I don't get enough sleep. Obviously, nerves are on edge anyway. And, the body feels stressed. All day I feel like i need to go to sleep but caffeine keeps me awake. And, for whatever reason, on those days, everything that could go wrong, does go wrong. Every disaster, emergency and catastrophe imaginable pops up to blight an already ugly day.

Do you ever have days like this? If so, how do you cope? What's your strategy for getting through a really bad day?

2. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Wine & chocolate every time!!!!

3. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    A nice glass of wine does take the edge off. But I don't indulge very often, as I'm a lightweight. And, chocolate is very lovely. Though my hips do not appreciate the extra calories. :Grin:

4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had a bad night last night and up for work today at 5:30. Tired is an understatement today. Luckily I was busy at work and never got a chance to stop. I'm sat here typing this now and my eyes are stinging.

5. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Hey Beverly,

Know what you mean.. I just take the rough with the smooth - for every bad day there will be a good day... Sleep problems is something I have had for years and years now I just got used to getting by on 5 hours on a really good night 1 or 2 hours on a bad one.. I don't find wine or spirits work for me as act as a stimulant .

Bad days at work are most days to be honest at the moment, there is so much change going on - mostly not for the best. That said good days are my down time with the kids and the wife, I would have put the wife first however she has recently ordered a new motor and was not the one I hoped for :Sobbing: I am trying hard to forgive but at the moment it is all to raw :Smile:

Happy days ..

6. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Today was NOT a good day!! Was ranting about everything!! New job time perhaps

7. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Had a rubbish weekend as the web server at work went tits up kept going off every half hour and eating space....eventually worked out it was a corrupt table in mysql and the error log got filled with crap at an alarming rate. So after prepping yesterday were moving it to mssql 2012 today. Fingers crossed otherwise were stuffed.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Any consolation doing a DR test for a sap database with the through put from tapes at a miserly 96k on LTO5 tapes.

ahh the joys.

9. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Just trying to work out what that means would give me a bad day!! Totally over my head.com

AccordCU2 likes this.
  10. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    That last part gave me a good laugh. I had to say 'aww'. And, yeah I just remembered that laughter is another way I cope with bad days. Sometimes I break to watch a comedy TV show with my honey. Just taking time to get away from stressful situations is often enough to relieve the tiredness or even make me feel like this are not so bad, even on the worst days.

11. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brave man to play with SAP, glad we don't have it at work.

Still today we found our san has a faulty disk.....still havent found anyone that can supply us one either....

12. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Being a night trucker I get bad nights not days and it's usually caused by some inconsiderate person disturbing me from my slumber usually wanting to know if I want to claim back some ppi from a loan or something along those lines. Best way to resolve this is AC/DC as I drive out of the gates on my first run ?? Very refreshing oh and some chocolate as well

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    These PPI call and text are driving me mad,this is despite my number being listed on TPS.

14. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    Music is always a nice way to cheer up a gloomy day and make things feel normal again. Even when I'm playing my game online, i like having music on, usually a Youtube video playing in the background.

15. Felicity Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    During those times, it's just best to take the day off and rest up, not doing much. I love to go fishing on days like that. The water has a very calming effect.