Accord Some F***ER Hit My Car!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Heckler, Tuesday 3rd Nov, 2015.

1. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

This is why we can't have nice things.... Noticed that some arsewipe has hit the front bumper and buggered off.

It's dark so will try and get a pic tomorrow... They hit the drivers corner, left some scraps on the corner and it's raised an almost rectangular section in the front and two small round spots... From what I know of bumper construction... there will be a metal mount/bar of some kind in this position on the rear and the plastic of the bumper has deformed around it... leaving that part raised and I assume the two small round bits are the ends of bolts or something... One of them has definitely broken the surface.

Thankfully the wing and light are OK, but there is a small gap now between the bumper and the wing where it's pulling away... may have damaged or broken some clips/fixings.

Where it happened I do not know... The car is normally parked on my drive and in the last 8-10 days I've hardly parked anywhere in a busy car park or parking space where it could have happened. Since Friday I was over visiting the folks and was parked on the road... it could have been the **** opposite reversing out onto the road. But won't be over there again until next Monday and any evidence of paint will be long gone... But it was a brand new Audi A6 estate in black... So if he's scuffed that up already... I'll be laughing. If I do find evidence of paint on it... I'll give the old bill a call and tell them it could have been a hit and run.. or leaving the scene of an accident... Maybe get the **** done... but maybe that's just wishful thinking because he's already a **** who parks like a ****. Doesn't have a driveway of his own and instead uses his neighbours dropped kerb and parks across his and theirs path... He's damaging the block paved path on his neighbours house but she's too afraid to confront him and make him stop.

To say I am furious would be an understatement... useage of the word **** has increased tenfold... and I already use it a lot.

I hope whoever did it suffers a far worse fate... if it's the **** I think it is... bad things will happen... I hope... because I wouldn't dream of taking matters into my own hands, because that's wrong and it should be dealt with by all legal means.:Baseballbat:

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 3rd Nov, 2015
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Ah man not another one !

On the plus side the fronts of 7th Generation Accords repair quite easily. The bumper clips aren't so easy to damage, you should be able to remove the bumper and refit it into place.

Heckler likes this.
  3. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Sorry to hear this.

Heckler likes this.
  4. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    Take it to a few body shops and get some quotes, by the sound of it its not going to cost you too much to repair as only cost me £500 to do front bumper and whole side of my car.
    DSC_0003_1.JPG
    Pic to make you feel better :Smile:

Heckler likes this.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Sad to hear that @Heckler

Hopefully it won't cost too much to get it fixed.

Heckler likes this.
  6. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Sorry to hear that, it's becoming they way of the world unfortunately. No morals anymore.

Garrydhu and Heckler like this.
  7. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    Crikey it's getting common-place on here :eek:
    I hope it would be a false karma to associate these incidents with membership of this forum :Devil:

btw, if you are serious about dobbing him in for not reporting an accident (assuming you find enough proof), it works both ways, because even though your car was parked, you also have to report it within 24 hours (seems loony but it's true)

Heckler likes this.
  8. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    ouch.. thats sad to hear. hopefully it can be fixed easily but what is going on .. is it euro cars taking revenge on Japanese?

Heckler likes this.
  9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Sorry to hear that, I know how it feels, mines been in the war zones a good few times, I got my rear end sorted a while ago, and some scumbag has hit the front bumper, its come off the clips one on side, has scuff marks on the front where they hit when coming out of parking spot, currently got a few cables ties securing it in few places, can't be arsed sorting it anymore these days, you can't escape these inconsiderate idiots these days, theres too many of them around, karma will eventually get them.

Heckler likes this.
  10. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Sshh, don't let people know we have a paramilitary wing!

Nels, Garrydhu, FirstHonda and 2 others like this.
  11. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Good point, lets keep this operation under the radar :toarms:

Heckler likes this.
  12. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    the HKRA

Garrydhu and Heckler like this.
  13. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Sweet jeebus... that only cost you £500 to repair? What a bargain.

Had a good look at it today, and will take a pic if it gets brighter and drier... Not as bad as it looked yesterday, saw it around 4pm as it was starting to get dark. TBH I'm not sure the value of the car warrants replacing the bumper unless I can get one the same colour and do a straight swap without paint... if I do need paint, then I'd prefer to source a second hand facelift bumper (if they're the same fitment) as they look a little prettier and have nicer fog lights (although not sure about fitment because of the diesel/turbo/intercooler placement).

It's very noticeable to me, but from a distance of a few meters it lessens.

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  14. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Post a pic of it please.

Heckler likes this.
  15. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

A few pics, weather is dull and grey here, evfen with the flash on my phone they're not great pics... But you can see most of it. The cover for where the headlight washers would go (if fitted) is a little loose too.

I'll kinda live with it unless I can find a second hand bumper in the same colour... It's not falling off, just looks a little unsightly.

2015-11-03 12.48.01. 2015-11-03 12.47.56. 2015-11-03 12.47.52. 2015-11-03 12.47.44. 2015-11-03 12.47.37.

16. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Doesn't look too bad, some of the marks might polish out, those intrusions are the bad points, i dunno if you can just heat them up and fix them, otherwise you can get bumper repair, get some plastic welding and resprayed. I would just drive it like that and keep a regular eye on ebay for a cheap bumper to come up.

Heckler likes this.
  17. ampers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Just to confirm what jimjam said, even if parked and obviously innocent, you too have have to report the accident to the police (not to mention your insurance company).

A friend of mine had his S2000 damaged whilst parked and it was reported by presumably a passer by to the police. The next my friend new he had a letter from the police telling him off but saying that no further action would be taken against him!

Additionally, several years ago I was scrapped by a taxi but the damage to mine was minimal and to the taxi non-existent so I didn't report to the police or insurance company. Several months later my insurance company informed me that a claim was being made against me and despite all the photographic evidence that I had taken later during the day of the incident, it was down to me. Cost to my insurance company was in the region of £1,000 for the taxi but as I still didn't claim nothing for my car. No claims discount protected so not a problem for me. I just used a fine cutting paste and plenty of polish and my car was fine (good paint on Jags), the taxi claimed for decals etc and paint and labour, all of which probably happened after the incident with me.

So be aware.

jimjams and Heckler like this.
  18. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I called Thames Valley as it happened in their area... Registered the non stop traffic offence as happening between Friday late afternoon and Monday morning. Now that's been done I need to go to my local police station in East Northants and give them the URN number and fill out the forms. Need to do that within roughly 24hrs of reporting it and take license, insurance and MOT with me... I have the MOT cert, but the insurance docs are in an email and my printer is busted, so will take my tablet and open it on there... hope that will do. License is also under my previous address as I need to get it changed to the new one... and as it's the old paper type, I need new pics and have to get it signed by a certain type of professional... and I know noone since moving here.

I don't even, know where the local police station is or if we even have one in this pokey little town. May have to travel to a bigger one.

jimjams likes this.
  19. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    I would say you could probably sort this yourself by taking the bumper off, a lil filling and sanding and a spray with a rattle can your paint code then a good polish then putting the bumper back on straight. I was scared to take my bumper off but is actually really easy. Guides on here will help and I have done one 'Installing K&N Typhoon and HID foglights' that will show taking the bumper off.... Nothing to loose trying it yourself and if not happy just go to a body shop as won't cost much.

20. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I've done bumper swaps on my old MX6... after both front and rear where damaged (not by me)... involved some fettling of the mounts and bumper bar to get it straight.

But that was back when I was a lot fitter and capable... I'm unable to do much these days due to health problems... crawling over/under a car is something I've not been able to do for a few years... However I am on the waiting list for surgery (probably in the new year I hope) that may help once I've recovered fully... but that timescale is anything up to 9-12 months from now assuming the surgery happens around Feb/March.