General Some opinions

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by jostree, Wednesday 3rd Aug, 2016.

1. jostree Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Portugal jostree Lisboa
    Hi, from some times I have been noticed that my Honda has heated in the interior especially the are area from the shift to the arm rest (usually in higher sped). Does anyone has an idea of what might be, our here that heat may come?
    Thanks.

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Have you looked at the exhaust lately? Check for leaks or maybe the exhaust heatshield under the car covering the centre console might have fallen off due to rust causing heat to get soaked up into the area. Usually with these cars thieves steal the Catalytic converters but then your car would be very loud so I don't think its that..

3. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

seems a touch strange, unless as mentioned that the heatshield has come off the cat and its causing things to heat up. That said the heatshield on my cat must have fallen off years ago and I have not noticed any addition heat in the area of the armrest. Is the heater vents directed at your feet and thus rising heat is causing that area to feel warmer than the rest of the car?

4. jostree Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Portugal jostree Lisboa
    I think it´s not the heater vents, Tuesday a made a trip and the AC was on (it was 43º Celsius) and I notice that area was a beat hot.
    Next weak I´m going to change the motor oil and I will see if is there any leak in the exhaust, our if the heat shield as disappeared .

Harvey likes this.
  5. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    i think I know what you mean and it's not unusual for heat to come through the gear gaitor area which I assume is from the exhaust running down the the car.

6. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I wouldn't be if there was an open hole to a gearbox if it was a RWD car, but these have cable operated shift mechanism

7. jostree Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Portugal jostree Lisboa
    Today I had the time and changed the motor oil and took pictures under the car. The shield is there (I think).
    IMG_20160805_180924_1[1].

But it should be bigger there is a space near the exhaust.
    IMG_20160805_180833_1[1].