Media Some Shots from Leicester Earlier (9th July 2014)

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by DeviateDefiant, Wednesday 9th Jul, 2014.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I went up to Leicester earlier with @SpeedyGee to meet-up with Michael, one of our Facebook group members who doesn't get on the site very often.

Michael's Accord Euro-R, an extremely rare imported car already, just received the UK's first 7th Generation Accord turbo. The work was carried out by TDI North, whom I'm sure most are aware are probably the most renowned Honda tuners in the country along with EuroSpec. His car's back in shortly for some final touches to the map.

IMG_0001. IMG_0003. IMG_0013. IMG_0018. IMG_0020. IMG_0023. IMG_0026. IMG_0027. IMG_0029. IMG_0031.

Psst, Speedy brought some parts to get modifying his Accord - it's been said now, so he has to get his arse in gear and get them fitted :Whistle:

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That's a fabulous set of triplets !
    Some smashing shots.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Great shots @DeviateDefiant. It was good to see both yourself and Michael yesterday evening and of course both of your cars. You've both given me some inspiration to crack on with modifying mine. I had a good nosey at turbo setup on Michaels car and I can't see any reason why I can't better or equal that setup but do all the work in my garage :Wink:

DeviateDefiant and Ichiban like this.
  4. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Brilliant shots there mate, what power is he getting from that Euro-R? that's a big old turbo :Whoosh:

5. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Michael's car is very very famous I've seen photographs from my daughter as she's into the UK time Attack racing and TDI North run a Civic Type-R. But all three look so good.
    Thinking maybe a meet at TDI North???

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Oh for sure mate, I'm hoping yours turns into quite the big build! It's also made me want to get my bum in gear with finishing up the intake and exhaust so I can move onto head building.

He's running a pretty conservative 6psi at the moment, only around 350hp. They're giving the build a chance to be tested on low boost, let pipes expand etc. before turning up the boost.

Yeah that's not a bad idea, when I'm up in Liverpool I'm only just up the road from Warrington anyway :Smile:

7. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Nice, I bet it shifts, any idea what sort of power the internals will stand up to?

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

It does indeed, buckets of torque compared to a stock N/A set-up. Bare in mind though that the Euro-R has the DC5/FD2 K20A not the K24A3 most of us run around in, it started with less torque stock but about 220hp on the top end.

The stock K20A heads have been pushed higher without work, but until he goes and gets in better suited cams, new seats, retainers, chain tensioner - I wouldn't push it much more than it already is personally. I don't understand when people boost stock engines and leave lots of potential N/A power untapped and don't protect their investment better, it at least wants higher low cam lift, but he's already chucked in thousands on this. I'm seeing the stock head as a bit of a choke point right now.

The choices on this build are mostly down to TDI North, and I'm sure they have their reasons. Though Michael was saying they didn't install manifold and throttle body gaskets, his 70mm throttle body and other things he'd supplied. It's still early in the car's journey I guess.

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

No pressure Speedy, but I'm sure you can do it !

SpeedyGee likes this.
  10. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    I suppose if he goes too much more with power and torque he'll also have to look at the rods and crank.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Hmm I'm not sure, they basically have three or four units together on an industrial estate. They normally have a few customer cars parked outside. Everyone else around would obviously need there own parking spaces for their own business. So there wouldn't be anywhere for us to park up as a group.

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Its all about time and money both are quite sparse at the moment Lol