General Someone just rear-ended me !!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by accordsedan, Monday 27th Feb, 2012.

1. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I can't believe it! Just had a ford focus hurtle into the back of me :Frown:(( Only had my accord a week

IMG_1278. IMG_1276.

Last edited: Monday 27th Feb, 2012
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, and i have already had their insurance company call me. They have admitted liability. the car will be picked up tomorrow and a rental car dropped off to me. By the sounds of it though, the accord may be written off as the boot has crumpled a bit.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Gutted for you bud.
    Hope car is repairable and you get to enjoy it again.

5. wooster Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ouch, sore one! :Frown:

6. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

They are sending it to one of their approved repairers... so you think i should cancel it? or see what they say tomorrow first and then tell admiral i want honda to take a look?

7. happy_tom Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

good heavens that's crap mate.

8. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Sorry to hear this...hope you are okay though, that's the important thing.

9. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I would insist it goes to Honda. They are clearly at fault so shouldn't be a problem. The only thing against you is that by law you have mitigate their losses. So if Honda is more expensive than their repairer, they may use that against you to use their repairer.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    As Rob has suggested you have the right to send the car to a Honda bodyshop , infact the Honda accident management hotline is open 24x7 get them rung they will do the leg work for you.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I just hope your boot floor pan is not too badly damaged. I don't want to scare you but by looking at the damage at the Focus I would say the floor pan will have moved quite considerably. Insurance assessors just write off car with this sort of damage.

12. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have already accepted that it may be written off unfortunately :Frown: The boot floor pan has moved slightly as the boot carpet does not lay flat now, and you can clearly see the crumple in the metal. The claims guy said they use Glasses car guide, and i ddi a quick check and the guide price is more than what i bought the car for so hopefully i won't be out of pocket and can buy a new accord straight away.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would like to keep a car after that damage,even after repairs it will never be the same. I hope their is a sliver lining in all of this for you bud.

14. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Would you get another auto?

I guess it makes sense around London.

15. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I will try to find exactly the same as i have now. i can't describe how gutted i am. Im gonna take my xcarlink out too if they write it off!! and i bought new floor mats, they're coming with me also!

16. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i agree.. hmm maybe the silver lining is i find an even better accord!!!

17. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm getting a sore neck. think i might sue for whiplash comp too :Smile:

18. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Don't blame you...I would do the same...round town and in traffic you don't need the hassle of changing gear all the time.

19. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thats why a love an auto.. but if i want to change manually at least u can on the accord.

20. ukaccord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

dam sorry to see and hear this buddy,im in london myself,and iv seen how careless people can be