Engine & Gearbox Something isnt right need some advice if poss please.

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Mike88, Saturday 2nd Feb, 2013.

1. Mike88 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,

as to owning my first accord for nearly a year now, it has been faultless but now has encountered a small problem whilst driving..

this has only been discovered for the past couple of weeks, as to before hardly noticable, now seems to have gone worse..

Its hard to explain, please bare with me, everytime i start my car in the morning or at cold temp, drive it out, whilst driving, engaged in gear and pressing down on the acceleration pedal, my revs seems to stay up and sit around 4k and above, while my speed meter gradually picks up ever so slowly then i get the pull from the engines performance.. This happens throughout every gear.. Its a strange thing that has occured in my driving experience.. It feels like my clutch is engaged but its not..

i hope this is understandable :Blushing: as trying to explain this problem is difficult.

just want to know what problems would this be? Could this be something to do with my clutch or gearbox area? This has only occured and noticed badly tonight..

my accord is a 1.8 (f18b2) 2002 facelift sport 5door. Everything is standard and not been touched as i use this car everyday.

Any help or advice id much appreciate :Thumbup:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Sounds like your clutch is on it's way out.
  3. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

It does sound like your clutch is slipping,get it changed.
  4. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

+1 sounds like the clutch is slipping

the two contact plates which transfer the power from the engine to the gearbox should clamp together when you let the clutch out but they aren't gripping each other properly

the clutch will fail completely some time soon leaving you stranded unless you get a new one ASAP
  5. n3utr1n0 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

slipping clutch , change and that s it. I need to change it as well at some time in the future...
  6. Mike88 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ahh ok, will take it to the garage on monday and get it replaced! Hopefully will only be that :Wink:

big thanks for the reply guys