ICE & HFT Sorry, another sat nav question

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Phil1978, Tuesday 3rd Dec, 2013.

1. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    I'v tried doing a search on my fault but can't find anything, what happens is every now and again, completely randomly the screen will go blank, I can see the screen is still back-lit so I don't think it's that, and when it happens I am unable to eject the dvd disc, could I have a loose connection on the drive? is my drive knackered? or is there anything else anybody has come across.

Just to add, I have never got the sat nav working, If I put the copied dvd in it says unable to read disc and with the genuine disc it says disc error, but every time I attempt a force download the above fault occurs.
    Cheers.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Potentially the laser is on the blink. Try removing the battery cables and see if a reset helps.

3. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Cheers, I'll give that a go when I service it, there is a list of things to do after battery disconnection written on my manual, tailgate reset and drivers window reset, this sound right?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The driver side window may lose its auto function when power is removed it needs to be retaught its auto function, it will reset the car ECU and tailgate ECU for sure. How much it will affect the DVD rom drive well its a pass I still think its a laser issue.

ohh lastly you will need to reset the time on the clock.:Wink:

5. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    I'll definitely give it a crack, as for the clock, it's been 3 hours slow since I got the car and I can't seem to adjust it, maybe I'll reconnect the battery at dead on midnight :lol:

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You need a working Sat Nav system to change the time.

7. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Definitely have to do the battery at midnight then.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yeah the time source is GPS ..