Tyres & Wheels spare wheel / space saver

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Dan, Saturday 19th Dec, 2015.

1. Dan Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dan Oldbury
    Hi all,

My 2003 accord tourer has no spare wheel. I'd rather have one. Can anyone tell me what I need to buy and where I can get it from? Will a full size wheel fit in the boot or do I have to have a space saver?

Thanks

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Ichiban likes this.
  3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hey Dan. If you want to check if the full size spare will fit in the boot then easiest solution is to put the car on jack and take one of the wheel off and put it in there.

What size you need? Check your existing one .. it should have a series of numbers on them that translate to size.. for example my Jazz has 175/65 R14. Note down the number on the tyre and look on eBay for that. Alternatively post your number here and we can find out a suitable spare.

In case full size spare doesnt fit then you will have to get a space saver (donut).

4. Dan Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Added my car to garage!

Nice idea just need to find the time. Dark nights now make it hard to even check the car over.

My current wheels are 225/45/R17.

It would be nice if I could get a matching alloy, if it fits in the spare wheel well.

I have an inflation kit at the moment. Have not even had chance to familiarise myself with it.

Attached Files:

Nels likes this.
  5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I just searched for 'honda accord alloy 17' in eBay and got quite a few results. Have a look at this one:

A bit of bubbling going on but I am sure with a bit of searching you can find a good price for matching alloy. All you need to do now is to check whether a full sized tyre will fit or not.

6. Dan Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I should maybe start a new question for this, and it won't be something I do soon, but what size wheels can the accord take without any mods? There is plenty of room in the arches, so can it take 18's with a larger overall diameter tyre?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Were there Accords fitted with 18's as standard I could get hold of?

7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I think the first step should be to actually look at the Accords people have and what setup are they running.
    http://hondakarma.com/garage/model/7th-generation-2003-2008.2/

Should give you all options right away without having to wait for each owner to come round to reply. :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    apparently the 7th Generation Accord did come with 235/45 R18s so there you go.
    More info here: Wheel-Size.com :: Reference guide for car wheel and tire dimensions such as size, offset, PCD select the make model and year and it will list all the OEM options

Nels likes this.
  8. Dan Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Two breaker quotes so far, both wanting well over £100. For a used space saver? I don't think so.

9. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I can sell you a standard 16'' wheel with a good tyre. That definitely fits in the wheel well.

10. FOXX Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dave Hitchin
    I can definitely say that a 16" full size wheel fits, as I've done this but you will need to remove the carpeted liner from the well.

11. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Waltham Abbey
    Got two of these! and they do fit if you remove the inner lining. The five spoke ones but they are 16's

MK%207%20BITS%20004_zps1jvfwdop.

12. Dan Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have 17s on the car. Can i run a 16 and a 17 wheelif i needed to?

13. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Not on the same axle.