Removed Spares or repairs- Accord Type-S Tourer (03)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by redefined_cycles, Tuesday 24th Nov, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all. Unfortunately my car has died. Seems that the engine is gone at 160000 miles. Garage told me it was only running on 3 cylinders and need a new engine.

So, here it is up for grabs.

Has a full k and n induction kit and alloys from Holdcroft less than a year ago. Some slight curbing to one alloy.

Also has 2 brandnew winter tires which are probably still on around the 7mm mark (done around 1.5k miles)...

Brandnew Exedy high spec clutch fitted 25000 miles ago.

LPG converted which cost me around £1350

All reciepts have been retained

Yuasa high performance battery which was added around 1.5 years ago and came with 5 year hopeful lifetime

2 new wheel bearing kits to both rear wheels done last week.

FSH upto around 140000 or later miles: after that i did oil/filter changes myself and recorded in the book.
    Selling as spares or repairs and thought to put here first in case someone wants a donor vehicle with plenty decent bits still on...

Price. £750 but will need towing away

More images to follow but its parked out of town at the mo in Huddersfield

20150912_191147.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Fully refurbed calipers at back done less than 6 months ago with new seals/pistons and new rear discs from Holdcroft. All 4 pads on front/back have ninimal wear and original parts from Holdcrofts... front pads done around 2 months ago...

Just needs a new engine or if some knows how to fix it @SpeedyGee @DeviateDefiant

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Sorry to hear that @redefined_cycles :Sobbing:

Replacement engine will cost you anywhere from £700-1200 as they're quite highly sought after for putting in other vehicles. You could also have your current engine rehoned and rebuilt, with fresh pistons/rods etc. - hell, there's no reason to even leave it stock. Just throwing about ideas, otherwise I think you've put an okay price to take the whole car as it is.

3. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks DD. need it gone pretty sharpish so if no interest in here it'll go on fleabay.... need it gone pretty quick as on a mates driveway

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Very sorry to hear this @redefined_cycles.

What wheels does it have on it ?

It would be a big shame to let it be broken :shock:

5. Alexknight91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Alex Norwich
    Hi any chance of the k&n air filter? Could swap you my standard one if needed?

6. Alexknight91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Plus cash your way obv

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

If I go for the car, I'd want the whole car as described above.

Need to mull it over @redefined_cycles

8. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    sorry to hear ... :Sobbing:

9. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi. Would have gone for that as it seems a decent deal but i think its only fair for any buyer from here to get the full deal. Plus i would love for @SpeedyGee to buy it as he could give us an all an update and teach us a few things along the way... ie. Qhat in earth happened from this legend of an engine
    - - - Updated - - -
    Them ones that Holdcroft was recently selling from 700 to 350 or so... if you zoom into the image thats the one. Not pentas

SpeedyGee likes this.
  10. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brandnew denso alternator done january 2015. Cost me 160 but apparently brandnew rrp was meant to be 328

11. Alexknight91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah that's fair enough, but if you do end up breaking it.... I'm interested lol

12. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Forgot to mention. Comes with fitted Witter towbar which I used to use for hauling bikes with a Thule 3 bike carrier
    - - - Updated - - -
    Right people. After @SpeedyGee got back to me with a quote for the tow price. I can happily say that I will contribute 2/3rds of any written quote to get the car to you. Also, as I mentioned to speedy. There is a little rust comig through on one of the rear wheelarches which i managed initially with applying grease/over it for the first year or so. Then when I refurbed my rear cslipers I just used the high temp paint and sprayed a little over the rust spot: just to keep it in check until i got round to having a bodyshop repair on it.

Also, the dreaded vibration at around 60mph. Most of you who followed my car on the forum will know that I had this anyway but those that didn't, be aware. The lastest with that vibration is that I spent alot of money trying to remedy it and took all suggestions from the forum. Full hugh qyality laser alignment was done as well as endless balancig of the rims. In the end I ended up getting brandnew wheels which come with the car as I mentionwd. The final word on this vibration is that i managed to get it reduced and stopped noticing it as much. I woukd say it is in the band of between 59mph and 61mph now.... hope that helps and sorry i gmforgot to mention earlier... i am an honest chap and try my best to sell in that way too.

This csr has had too much money spent on it to allow it to go to some fleabayer... but also i need it gone as soon as because its on a mates drive blocking his garage

13. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    Wish I had the money and ability to take this on. Hope it can be rescued.

Good luck.

14. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Me too. Have been reading more into the lpg stuff as in my opinion, from reading around, it was probably a vsr issue. The fact that the mechanic said it seems to be running on 3 cylinders seems to confirm that (but the mechanics amongst us may shed more light)... if it is then happy days to the buyer if he can somehow strengthen the valve seats with the stronger shims apparently!!!

15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Valvetrain can easily be upgraded with more beefy components, the K24 is extremely well supported with aftermarket engine parts :Smile:

Just need someone like @SpeedyGee to take on such a challenge :Laughing:

16. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Absolutely...

17. redefined_cycles Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Come on @SpeedyGee come through on this one mate. You'll be doing the honda community and the lpg community a massive favour with your findings...

18. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I'm rubbish at selling cars, I hate the whole process that's all that's stopping me going head with this.

How about you send it down to me, I fix it for you and send it back.

You get your car back I get a little project to do and some beans?

legend-ary and Zebster like this.
  19. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

...long as you sort mine out first :lol:

20. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Get it towed here, once fixed come down on train, drive it back? :Grin:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Haha... Your turn is coming @DeviateDefiant !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.