General Spark plugs

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by matt park, Wednesday 11th Mar, 2015.

1. matt park Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

matt North London
    How often do people change their spark plugs in a 6th Generation accord? The manual says every 27k. Is there much benefit in changing them sooner than this? They aren't expensive so I feel inclined to change them more regularly than that. Any thoughts?

Ta

Matt

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I would take them out and check them annually. Look at them carefully. If they are in good order, give them a clean, check the gap and put them back.
    If the manual says change at 27k, this should be the maximum.
    If you want to change them more often, then that's fine too.

Have you read this guide?
    It's for a 7th Generation, but the principle is the same.
    This is also useful... PLUG STUDIO / NGK

3. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I change them every year @matt park. Only buy NGK and at £3.50 each (£14 total) its very good value.

4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I just stick to service schedule to be honest, well the mileage, probably not the best of of ideas as I don't do many miles, so should stick to years, its been 2 years since I changed them and done around 2.5k miles, so might change them this year when I finally do the valve clearance, as chunky said they are cheap, plus easy to do so no harm in changing them early to schedule.

5. matt park Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

matt North London
    Thanks chaps. I do quite a few miles so i'm gonna change them out every now and again. Just bought a set of 4 for just over a tenner. Can't be bad.