ICE & HFT Speaker rings

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by richsprint, Sunday 21st Apr, 2013.

1. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

New speaker rings image. image.

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Very nice :Thumbup: :GoodJob:

3. ann_kelvin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looks nice ans class. Where did you get them?

4. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice. I need to fit mine when I get a chance.

To all people interested in these it is a very simple mod to do as they are just stuck on. Best £18 you'll spend.:Thumbup:

Holdcraft have them on offer
    http://hondakarma.com/threads/4988/

Holdcroft HONDA
    01782 261593

SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE SALE

Whilst limited stocks last Holdcroft Honda are pleased to be able to offer AOC members some amazing deals on Genuine Honda accessories for 8th generation accord models only.

Front console ambient lighting £ 55.00
    Manual sports pedals £ 30.00
    Auto sports pedals £ 28.00
    Saloon trunk tray £ 16.00
    Dual cone speaker upgrade £ 46.00
    Co-axial speaker upgrade £ 70.00
    Speaker rings £ 18.00
    Steering wheel garnish £ 19.00
    ~2011 primed front sports grille £ 125.00
    Side skirts from £ 135.00
    Front skirts from £ 150.00
    Rear skirts from £ 145.00
    Side body protectors £ 130.00

Please call Gareth or Lee at Holdcroft Honda on 01782 261593 for further details and availability.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  5. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yep as Jace says £18 from HH. £18 makes sense, whereas the RRP of £80 was crazy for 4 bits of plastic.

Follow the instructions and only fit when its warm and wipe the area with alcohol or white spirit to remove any dirt or trim dressing, or the sticky tape won't work.

6. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Saw this thread, so took the incentive to do mine. Only im having problems installing mine. Rears went on fine, but the fronts just would not stick, rendering the sticky tape useless. Fortunately, i have some similar super strength double sided tape. so replaced these, but with the same result- still coming off! :Blink:

Not sure, now what to try, apart from gluing these down.i can't think of anything else?
    I wiped all 4 areas down before starting with a cleaning wipe, just can't understand why the fronts arent going on. the instructions didnt suggest that the rings were labelled for font or rear, so i don't think i have mixed up anything.
    will glue work?
    its currently 16 degrees outside where i am..

7. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

8. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If any cleaning product like polish or cock pit shine has ever been used on the door cards then you'll never get them to stick as they contain silicone. You can try using hot soapy water and alcohol wipes to clean the plastic then a hair dryer to soften the adhesive of the rings.

If that fails you could then either try smearing a very thin ring of clear bathroom silicone on to the door card and let it go off to create a surface that will allow the rings to bonded to it or just try using the silicone as glue especially as the rings will be removable.

9. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

As Jace says must be some trim dressing on the door. You need to use an alcohol based cleaner to get it off, so meths, white spirit or tar remover. Only do it in the speaker ring area in case it discolours the plastic, sometimes it can go white.

10. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys, the sticky tape just wasn't having it.

In the end , went with the tried n tested route of 'No more nails'. Cleaned up the rings with white spirit, and then using the mastic gun, applied dabs over the ring and stuck down. After an hour or so, it already feels really solid. Also installed the sports pedals, which interestingly turned out to be easier to than the speaker rings :Rolf:

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    vygec did you have some trim polish or silicone based trim dressing around the speakers? ideally you need to remove it and get the surface free from some such residue as the adhesive tape will not adhere to it correctly.

White spirit is good for cleaning paint brushes that too leaves an oily residue so it would not have made any difference, did you not get any 3M alcohol wipes in the speaker ring kit?

I would recommend everyone to get a small bottle of IPA Isopropyl Alcohol for such things and cleaning.:Wink:

12. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yep IPA is best.

Would Vodka be any good?

Ichiban likes this.
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Green king seems to be the flavour of the month around our way recently not gone well with the local micro breweries.

14. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've had the car since december, and i have never applied any dressing internally, whether there was before, i don't know. There was no wipes included in the kit. To be honest, the 'no more nails' i applied to the front rings, has turned out to be much better than the rears with the stock stickies. I might be tempted to take these out and do the same as the front.

15. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys...

I am new to this wonderful forum and I own a 2009 LHD Honda Accord 2.0 Elegance... I stumbled upon thia forum on the internet and decided to join the community...

Anyway, as my local Honda stealer here in Belgrade asks for over 100 euros for a set of speaker rings, I wonder if any of you guys would be willing to snap a set from Holdcroft Honda and then resell it to me and ship it over... I am also interested in those lovely sport pedals... Paying via PayPal

Thanks!

16. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That sort of activity is not permitted.

Please contact HH directly who can inform you of their shipping policy.

17. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you for your comment.

I would gladly contact them, however I cannot find their email address nor their online store anywhere on the net, there is only a phone number, and I am not a native English speaker.

18. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You're not looking hard enough:

http://hondakarma.com/threads/433/

We have a dedicated section to HH on the site. Peruse there for further info.

19. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you, but I don't have permission to access this page... Any help with that?

20. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You need a higher post count to access certain sections on AOC. Keep up the participation mate, you'll get there soon.