Pre-Purchase Spec per year

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by RobsyUK, Wednesday 24th Feb, 2016.

1. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    Hello all,

I've been holding out for an FR-V and waiting for the newest one possible but I. Need one sooner rather then later. - need tier my stickers on!!!

Is there any spec difference between an 05 model and 08? I don't mean SE, EX ETC.

With the Jazz the 08 model is different and crap compared to the 09 model. A facelift.

Is the FR-V the same?

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Interesting. Sorry a bit off topic but just curious why you say that? In 2008 there were two different gen of Jazz were sold 2002-2008 and 2008-2015 which one are you calling crap :Grin:

chris2982 likes this.
  3. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

The 2002 - 2008 (early)
    I call it crap as the facelift and extra space is a brilliant improvement. Normally a facelift can often ruin a car. Cough Civic cough.

4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I thought GD (2002-2008) is the car whose steller record meant the 2008-2015 model had to be extra brilliant. Infact I have heard things the other way round that 2008 onwards model lost some quality when compared to the 2002 model.

5. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Interesting. A dealer - and I didn't buy mine there, showed me an 05 and 14 and said that from 08 the boot is deeper and the seats fold better.
    Hence why I got an 09. Better spec.
    Then I believe a better one came out in 15 ( might just be engine though)
    - - - Updated - - -
    Here is the sort of thing I'm talking about.
    There are added extras you can install but it would be interesting to see what's an upgrade year on year on the ex model

Attached Files:

6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Ofcourse newer is better most of the times but doesn't mean old one is crap. Old one established the Jazz name and that is why its Honda UKs bestseller.
    btw they are not just facelifts but entirely different cars. 2015 is a brand new model with nothing in common with your 08.

chris2982 likes this.
  7. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

It's my opinion. Thats why I said it.
    I was using the 15 as an example... jeeze
    - - - Updated - - -
    the old version is crap in my eyes (opinion) as it doesn't do what I want it to.

8. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Was just clarifying that 2015 is not just a new engine but a new car. Ofcourse you are entitled to your opinion that is why everyone of us drive different cars :Smile: no disputing that.
    I have never driven an 2008-2015 Jazz so out of curiosity what is that you wanted your 08 Jazz to do that old one couldn't??
    - - - Updated - - -
    btw maybe FR-V owners will be able to answer your FR-V related queries or you can have a look at the club garage and select FR-V and see which one has what.
    http://hondakarma.com/garage/model/honda-FR-V-edix.22/

@chris2982 @Oldboybob @FR-V_Knight @FR-V @ibrardad are some of those who drive/used to have FR-Vs..

9. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    im not 100% on this but as far as i know the only differances are cosmetic..
    colour of dash,, tailgate handle not full chrome on newer ones,, rear lights seem a little tinted on newer ones.

thats all i can think of.

im sure someone more knowladgable will be along to clarify
    - - - Updated - - -
    surely that means it is not suitable rather than crap??

legend-ary and RobsyUK like this.
  10. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

2009 Jazz has a bigger boot then the 2005. It has a dip, easier seats to fold down IIRC

11. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think the 2009 Jazz is crap.

The 2016 has Honda connect so you can pull up adult art websites. You can't in a 2009 car.

SpeedyGee and legend-ary like this.
  12. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Steady down boys :fence:

Back to the FR-V, the later ones have tinted rear windows and piano black dash trim instead of the lovely plastic wood and grade designations changed, EG my Sport became an EX. I think there are brochures for the two types on here somewhere. I went for the Sport as it was the only one with cruise control, not sure of later specs though.
    Good luck chasing one down, great cars especially with the 2.2 diesel.

Pete C. :wheelchair:

13. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Hi Pete
    I found the brochures section after posting this but was a little messy trying to compare which model had what - especially on a mobile.

14. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    did a bit of research myself recently and bought a 2.0 sport. I was looking at petrol manual versions.

2004 models (SE was the basic spec, sport the improved spec):
    1.7 5 speed manual, belt driven
    2.0 6 speed manual, cam driven
    Sport model included fog lights, folding mirrors, cruise control. Navigation was an option, as was sunroof and heated leather

2007+ models (SE basic, ES better, EX loaded):
    1.8 the only petrol option, chain driven R18 engine 6 speed manual
    ES/EX has auto wipers, nicer interior touchy feely items, fog lights, folding mirrors, cruise control
    EX has heated leather, roof rails, cd changer and tweeters

Think that's the jist of it. In the end it was a toss up between the 1.8 EX and older 2.0 sport. I opted for the extra power from the k20 engine. WOuld loved to have found one with leather but settled for clean and tidy cloth!
    - - - Updated - - -
    2.0 is supposed to read chain driven

SpeedyGee likes this.
  15. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thank you QC2,

So looking at an 08 would be just as good as a 10? Going to see an 08 tomorrow and hopefully a deal will be struck.

16. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

they ended in 2009 but basically yes. such a shame!

17. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Yes, I always thought they ended in 2009, but the header says 2011 - which is correct?

Pete C.

18. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ended in the UK 2009 but continued in other markets for another 2 years would be my educated guess

19. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    I've done a little more research ànd the best I have found is " produced 2004 - 2009, marketed until 2011"
    Honda must have had a field full of unsold stock! Maybe that also explains it's demise.

BTW have you seen the plethera of multi seat vehicles in the current Honda Japan range?

Pete C.