Electrical & Lights speed pulse wire

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by chris2982, Friday 29th Jan, 2016.

1. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Hi all,

is anybody able to help me locate the speed pulse wire.
    I need to hook it up to my head unit for the nav to work.

trying to do bits myself instead of just dropping it off at my brothers all the time :Smile:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Have you come across the main ECU ?

If you can you post the part number on here, should be able to look that up and get the VSS line.

chris2982 likes this.
  3. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

after a bit of a search online it appears the Civic VSS can be found behind the head unit, , I hope this is the case as will male life much easier.
    @Pottermus ,, you wouldn't happen to have a wiring diagram of where it is???

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    If it had OEM Sat Nav installed then there maybe a VSS line already present at the head unit but yours didn't have an OEM Sat Nav unit installed did it ?

5. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

Good point.. mine had the standard head unit :Frown:

6. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    any more clues on locating the VSS signal on the FR-V or whether it's part of the audio harness despite not having sat nav? I'd expect to be able to tap into the speedo or ECU but if the harness is the same as the sat nav models then that would save me a potential headache.

7. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

I haven't even got around to doing this, so still not sure if it is in the harness behind the head unit.... I really hope it is as it will make life a lot easier.
    when I find it I will update on here,, if you get there first please do the same.

:Smile:

8. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I done some digging around. the harness is the same as the CR-V, which does have a speed pulse wire. It is dark blue and contained within the main harness with the power and speaker cables.

Hopefully when I embark on this install at the weekend I will find it. Will also be having a stab at splicing the steering control wires, watch this space!

Bones126, chris2982 and SpeedyGee like this.
  9. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

no dark blue/VSS wire. only blue one was a speaker wire...

10. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    I bet it's behind the head unit.
    Literally every cavalier had the plugs for heated seats as its cheaper to make one loom type for all models.

11. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

would the v2.xx sat nav carry a VSS signal? the later v3.xx that would need it for speed governed volume control... beginning to doubt whether even the sat nav versions of the early FR-V would've had it on the loom.

12. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    The only way to truly know is to whip the current stereo out...

13. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i did yesterday. the loom had stereo 12v, earth and speakers etc. Only blue wire was a speaker wire. The cruise control module is always an option however. I'll have another look later